The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the subject says it all RIP Fess Parker, I should have posted this yesterdayl, but didn't. Just think of all the coon skin caps he sold and how many people his characters turned on to the long rifles

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
I imagine alot of fellows got their start in black powder shooting, buckskinning, reinacting, etc. from watching Fess Parker play Davy Crockett or Daniel Boone. My first "Ole Betsy" was a broomstick my dad screwed on top of a stock he had fashioned out of a scrap piece of 2x4. It wasn't pretty but it could still kill injuns!

When I read of Fess' death it was nice to note that in a time when no one in Hollywood can stay married, or everyone is screwing around with everyone else, that Fess died one day after his wife of fifty years birthday. He lived his real life with the morality he portrayed on TV. Thanks and way to go Fess.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I think it is not just Fess that we miss but the fact that being a kid in the 50's was FUN. I could take my 22 and my bike and ride through town and no one would say a thing. It was as natural as the sun comming up.
Try that today and see what happens.

·
Registered
10,309 Posts
We re all heading to the Happy Hunting Grounds at some point.

RIP Fess, see ya later.

·
Registered
767 Posts
nessmuk said:
I think it is not just Fess that we miss but the fact that being a kid in the 50's was FUN. I could take my 22 and my bike and ride through town and no one would say a thing. It was as natural as the sun comming up.
I here you nessmuk . I live in town and you should see the looks when I go out the front door with any of my toys . They should be use to it by now I have lived here for 6 years . The 50's where before my time by 20 years but I grow up in the country and no one even glanced when I was walking down the road with one of my toys on my shoulder . Now I think they think that I am a drug dealer or something . How things change in just 30 years . Oh and God bless Good old Fess I remember Daniel Boone and when my kids seen it for the first time they asked me if that is what it was like when I was a kid ? I could not stop laughing . The wife took it a little offensive .

Mike

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
nessmuk said:
Those are memories!! On my bike --fishing pole and the gun across the front of the handle bars and down the road we would all go.......Im glad my kids live where that is still ok!! Unlike most of USA today!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts