The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
10,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is ridiculous!
These persons perpetrating these riots, assaulting people, as well as burning and looting businesses run by hard working Americans are nothing but criminals and savages. They are just looking for an excuse to act like the jackwagons and thugs that they are, and could care less about Mr. Floyd.
Are there bad police? Yes but there are bad and unscrupulous people in all professions. Just think about all the police interactions across the nation on a daily basis. Tens, maybe even hundreds of thousands of various calls and traffic stops every day with most police agencies now using dash cams and personal cams where the video more oft exonerates the police rather than hangs them.
I also blame the media. There is no excuse for their fear-mongering and politically biased news reporting to boost ratings by fanning the flames of already volatile situations. They've done it before and continue to practice unethical and dangerous so-called journalism with no repercussions. It's a travesty and yet they keep getting away with it by running stories with inaccurate preliminary information which is later found to be false.
According to the preliminary autopsy reports Mr. Floyd, 59, died due to underlying heart conditions and the intoxicants ie Meth and Fentanyl in his system, not from any assault from Officer Chauvin. If you can yell "I can't breathe" well, you're breathing. Was the police officer in question wrong and well outside of policy for placing his knee on the man's neck and should he be punished? Yes, but he is not a murderer and there is no justification the nationwide violence we are seeing in our streets.

·
Registered
3,592 Posts

This is ridiculous!
These persons perpetrating these riots, assaulting people, as well as burning and looting businesses run by hard working Americans are nothing but criminals and savages. They are just looking for an excuse to act like the jackwagons and thugs that they are, and could care less about Mr. Floyd.
Are there bad police? Yes but there are bad and unscrupulous people in all professions. Just think about all the police interactions across the nation on a daily basis. Tens, maybe even hundreds of thousands of various calls and traffic stops every day with most police agencies now using dash cams and personal cams where the video more oft exonerates the police rather than hangs them.
I also blame the media. There is no excuse for their fear-mongering and politically biased news reporting to boost ratings by fanning the flames of already volatile situations. They've done it before and continue to practice unethical and dangerous so-called journalism with no repercussions. It's a travesty and yet they keep getting away with it by running stories with inaccurate preliminary information which is later found to be false.
According to the preliminary autopsy reports Mr. Floyd, 59, died due to underlying heart conditions and the intoxicants ie Meth and Fentanyl in his system, not from any assault from Officer Chauvin. If you can yell "I can't breathe" well, you're breathing. Was the police officer in question wrong and well outside of policy for placing his knee on the man's neck and should he be punished? Yes, but he is not a murderer and there is no justification the nationwide violence we are seeing in our streets.
Totally agreed with your post, until you started talking about Mr. Floyd.
Carry on...

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
It's certainly hindsight now, and doesn't change anything, but how can we teach suspects not to resist or struggle? To me, THIS is where it always starts but this is ALWAYS the part that gets overlooked. It seemed from the video, that everyone was calm at first and talking was relaxed. What caused this "knee in the neck" in the first place. How can we teach people NOT to struggle with police. I thought that was common knowledge?

Police are, and should be trained in the best techniques to protect THEMSELVES. It's easy to criticize them after the fact (and this case because it's so blatant), but don't forget, their training does not make them super human. Detaining a subject that doesn't want to be detained can be very, very dangerous. They also have families that want to see them again.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
What we are all witnessing is what happens when the police have there hands tied to deal with an ongoing problem that is growing worse by the hour. Vigilanti groups have begun forming out of the necessity this has created.

If the Democrat mayors, and governors had not tried to defame Trump by keeping this covid thing going long after we should have been allowed back to work and school, there very likely would be fewer people protesting. I watched the thing unfolding in Phillie, where a few dozen protesters were facing off the National Guard, and if you looked, they were High School children! I'm thinking that many of the protesters were people who the governor has kept out of work, forced into isolation, and are venting their anger and frustrations out through the protest. Sort of gives a larger cover for the looters and rioters to make their way to the prime looting areas.

This has long since swayed from the path of a peaceful protest, and taken on a totally different perspective. Look over Fall Gobblers' post, (post #4) and see the way this whole thing didn't have to get like this.

·
Registered
12,048 Posts
There is a mountain of evidence, that the worst of the looting and destruction is targeted by groups like Antifa. Suddenly truck loads of bricks show up on street corners near no construction sites. People show up handing out money to pay people to break certain windows. Wealthier business are targeted as are certain strategic targets like places with weapons. To their credit a group of Minneapolis protesters, made their own arrest of a man dressed all in black, carrying a bag of tools.. He was using a sledge hammer to break side walk up into throwable pieces. He also had a map marking certain high end stores to loot. He was from Chicago. These rioters are being instigated, funded and organized by domestic Terrorist groups like Antifa.

There was a picture of a some what pretty 27 yd old arrested in NYC after she threw a molotov cocktail at a police van containing 4 officers. She is going to be a hag by the time she gets out. If Congress really wants to do a service, perhaps they should be having hearings and there should be criminal prosecutions about the groups behind this. I am in favor of shooting the ******** the second they break glass, lift a rock or jug of gasoline.

·
Registered
9,615 Posts
The reporters should be ask all the protesters how they can support themselves and families if they are out protesting all the time? Obviously way to many people living off our tax dollars and now want even more money so they have time to protest even more.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Time for this lawlessness to stop. This is no longer a protest about the death of a man in Minneapolis. It's about looting, stealing and property damage by an organized group of thugs and criminals from outside the city and the useful idiots from inside the city blindly following. Reporting, if you want to call it reporting referred to police crimes trying to disperse a group of these useless idiots using smoke and tear gas. The police are holding back proper response at the direction of DemocRATic leadership that is unable to do the job. It's time for Trump to send in the military and end this not only in Pittsburgh and Pennsylvania but the whole country.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
It's certainly hindsight now, and doesn't change anything, but how can we teach suspects not to resist or struggle? To me, THIS is where it always starts but this is ALWAYS the part that gets overlooked. It seemed from the video, that everyone was calm at first and talking was relaxed. What caused this "knee in the neck" in the first place. How can we teach people NOT to struggle with police. I thought that was common knowledge?

Police are, and should be trained in the best techniques to protect THEMSELVES. It's easy to criticize them after the fact (and this case because it's so blatant), but don't forget, their training does not make them super human. Detaining a subject that doesn't want to be detained can be very, very dangerous. They also have families that want to see them again.
No doubt being in law enforcement is a very dangerous job at times, and they have to face the worst of society at times.

But really, you have an agitated, high on drugs suspect handcuffed behind his back and face down in the street, and four cops. Absolutely zero reason to kneel on his neck for nearly nine minutes.

If he's already cuffed, he's likely been checked for weapons. If not, use physical force to restrain him until you are sure he's clean. Then sit him up against the rear wheel until the paddy wagon with the straight jacket body restraint arrives.

If he remains agitated, just pull up a bit on those cuffs, he'll calm down quick when his shoulders feel the strain.

As far as the organized thugs, without a doubt that is a big part of the riots and looting. Its anarchists. Black and white. There are good people and bad people of all colors.

We'll be better off when all the good, law abiding people of all colors and all religions work together to weed out the bad. The key is, "law abiding".

The media does not stress that enough. They fan the flames to divide the good people.

·
Registered
12,048 Posts
Most local officials do not have the back bone to stand up to the rioters. A majority of the ones affected by Looters etc, are Democrats. Just like the Mayor of New Orleans disappeared for a week after the hurricane obliterated the city, he and his team were no where to be found while folks starved at the center of town. These mayors know only appeasement, because that is what gets them elected. Peaceful locals are one thing. Imported professionals are an organized crime syndicate and should be investigated and prosecuted as such.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
The term "news media" is an oxymoron, there is no such thing these days. These people aren't news media they are propaganda organizations spewing whatever ideology they support and bending, misstating, or making up facts to influence the public opinion. Don't fall for their crap. They want you inflamed, hanging on every word of their broadcast, controlling your thinking. You have eyes and ears and hopefully a brain, use them, think for yourself. If you are watching tv to get your news fix you are being lied to, it's really that simple.

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
I watched a commander from the NYPD on TV yesterday. He laid out the facts for believing that the riots were planned and instigated but radical groups. He left little doubt in my mind that this is an organized attack on our democracy. I am glad that some are taking these attacks seriously.

Then there is this and these are lawyers no less: View attachment mattis_and_rahman_complaint_0.pdf

After reading this I have to wonder how deep and organized is our enemy.

·
Registered
20,410 Posts
No sane, rational person can see that video and claim it to be anything but murder. In addition to saying he couldn't breathe, Floyd agrees to get in the car. He is completely restrained….then killed anyway. Derek Chauvin would have been quite comfortable and fit in well in the Gestapo. He is clearly a sociopath and a sadistic pig. Maybe the problem is how to we keep Nazis from ever becoming cops. Because 99.999% of them can be (and are) good, honest, empathetic people and then you get one POS like this Chauvin and now the job just got way harder for cops everywhere. No wonder black people don't trust cops.

The protests happened because people are fed up with this type of behavior and they need a release for their anger. I totally understand this reaction. They wanna bust up a police station and burn a few cop cars? That's the cost of allowing unstable sadists like Chauvin on the force. I got no problem with it. My problem starts when innocent, third party businesses get looted and vandalized. Yes Chauvin is a pig and his behavior unacceptable, but what does the local convenience store or Target have to do with that? People that loot and burn innocent businesses are not honoring Floyd or trying to change the system. They are common thieves that are just taking advantage of an opportunity where the law wont be present.

·
Registered
12,048 Posts

A police officer pulls you over while driving and you know of no warrants, every body just sits tights acts respectfully and things go on without incident normally. (Screaming at a woman for not putting out her cigarette and then roughing her up, was way over the line)

But if you are just walking down the street trying to get to your destination and suddenly a cop is screaming at you to drop it, The first reaction of most people is to assume the cop is talking to somebody else because they did not do anything wrong. The when they realize the cop means them, they are trying to process what the cop is screaming at them for. Cop yells drop it three times and the person has lost all awareness of what is going on, whether he has a cell phone, or brief case or wallet in his hands. Till the average person realizes the cop wants him to drop whatever is in his hands, at least a few seconds have gone by and edgy cops are at the resisting arrest point and the citizen is just waking to the reality that he is in trouble for some unknown thing. The is where innocent people get shot. Every time I hear about police brutality, I think about the poor guy in NC, who was getting out of his car at a gas station, the officer pulls up and says let me see your identification, so the guy reaches into his car for his wallet and gets shot. Twice. He is laying there and complains, you told me to get my ID, why did you shoot me. (Cop went to jail in that one)

The real classic was another one. The cop sees a tail light out, pulls the car over. The driver knows there is a warrant out for him, Driver gets out of the car and runs. Cop shoots him. Even a police officer cannot use lethal force for a traffic infraction. Also to jail.

In a York County civil case a judge watched the police video and the police officers started beating a drunk who failed to follow their directions 4 seconds after the initial command to do whatever. They tell him again and the drunk tries to say "What?" and they beat the crap out of the drunk. Cop said it was obvious the guy did not understand what was going on enough and it should have been apparent to the police officers that it was not resisting arrest. Municipality had to pay.

There is something drastically wrong when an arrest the officer knows or should know is bogus is bolstered by a resisting arrest. The initial charge is dropped and the person is suddenly a major criminal because he did not obey the officer fast enough.

There was a famous case 45 yrs ago, in Florida in which a rookie police officer heard a call about a vehicle running a toll booth and not stopping to pay. Over a 35 cent tool, the cop chased the offending car at speeds up to 120 mph down a busy Miami highway and fired 17 shots at the speeding car. Thank God no one was hit and there were no injuries. He never did get the car. Everything was on the evening news, caught by the news helicopter. The officer was fired and arrested within 10 minutes of getting back to the precinct.
Ironically that rookie is now a hired gun expert on police procedure in brutality cases.

·
Registered
16,428 Posts
the cop used excessive force against Mr. Floyd. cant dispute that. all four are guilt of civil rights violations either by direct contact or standing there and letting it happen. either way Mr. Floyd was subdued, handcuffed and in the car. then they pulled a handcuffed Mr. Floyd out of the car pulling him face first on the ground and knelt on his neck for almost 10 minutes.

try to justify that using the law ! show where its legal ! what actions on the part of Mr. Floyd could have caused this type of force to be used on a handcuffed suspect ? was he spitting ? still not proper technique, not even a slap across the face is proper technique.

the 4 of them are guilty but to what degree, remains to be seen.

watch this Erie Police Officer ruin his career, happened over the weekend during riots here. this was after protestors threw bricks, rocks, frozen bottles of water and mortor style fireworks into the police inuring 12 of them.

https://www.goerie.com/news/20200531/video-of-kicked-erie-protester-draws-national-attention

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I think it’s time to end these riots. Have a stated curfew, and announce police/national guard will be using live ammunition from that time on. If your still on the streets after that, it’s your own stupid fault

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I have to point out that I’ve noticed a serious drop off in the quality and integrity of police officers in my town. As the older officers retire they are replaced by young guys who should not have a badge. Maybe it’s just their generation, I don’t know. One of the new local cops raped a girl in high School, the case was dropped because the victim didn’t want to testify. The older cops were fixtures in the community, never had to pay for beer if they stopped by the bar. With a few exceptions, these young cops act arrogant and holier-than-though.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
watch this Erie Police Officer ruin his career, happened over the weekend during riots here. this was after protestors threw bricks, rocks, frozen bottles of water and mortor style fireworks into the police inuring 12 of them.

https://www.goerie.com/news/20200531/video-of-kicked-erie-protester-draws-national-attention
I have no sympathy for her, she should have moved when she was instructed too. IMO she is just another snowflake looking for her minute of fame, and a payout from the city.

Good luck, Tony

1 - 20 of 73 Posts