The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

My kids catch these all the time around the house. Just thought I would share, I think they are a very cool looking snake.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Found one in my basement 2 days ago. Docile maybe. Cool looking maybe. But let's just say I hate snakes and thus was its fate.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
I've kept them as pets. Very easy to take care and as others have said, very docile. About as harmless as they come! One snake I do not mess with.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What did you feed them? I believe they eat worms and slugs, but I wouldn't know where to get them in winter. My son wanted to keep some, but I opted to get him a corn snake instead. This also helped teach him that wild animals are supposed to stay in the wild.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Yes, the 2 ringneck snakes I kept from the wild have led to the collapse of the ringneck snake population. I feel so guilty about it! Just like the 3 deer I shot in PA last year led to the collapse of the deer population. I feel so guilty about it!

·
Registered
5,672 Posts
aaah I hate snakes but we used to find these little buggers in our camp all the time til we began remodeling and got everything pretty well sealed off

1 - 10 of 10 Posts