The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
  • Hey Guest, it looks like you haven't made your first post yet. Until you make an introduction thread, the rest of the site is locked to posting. Why not take a few minutes to say hi!
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to let everyone know what I heard.. At a HTE class a guys cell phone rang... the ring tone was geese... The WCO from Cumberland Co.... turned and said... if you were in the field right now... I'd pinch (fine) you!! The guy was one of the instructors for the class... So please... don't try using your ring tones to call in game...

·
Administrator
18,940 Posts
bburg said:
I wanted to let everyone know what I heard.. At a HTE class a guys cell phone rang... the ring tone was geese... The WCO from Cumberland Co.... turned and said... if you were in the field right now... I'd pinch (fine) you!! The guy was one of the instructors for the class... So please... don't try using your ring tones to call in game...
WOW!!!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a different ring tone for different people.. My text come accross as coyotes... that would be ok, but I also have turkeys,hen talk.. and gobbeling.. and geese and some buck grunting..

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
jkhunter said:
It's electronic and electronic calls are illegal in pa (except predators).
Yup, and don't leave your coytoe ringtone (on) your cell when deer hunting....the deer (and your buddies) won't be too happy if it goes off!

Just sayin

·
Registered
337 Posts
The sad thing is that as stupid as this sounds to us, can you imagine if they didnt enforce the rule across the board just how many people would use their phones to call in game that they are not supposed to with their phones? I hav seen many people do anything they can just to skirt around a law. Its ridiculous.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Come on now! IF a WCO was watching you, and it went to a hen call when it rang he would know how you meant to use it. Did you have to dig into your pocket for the phone or were you holding it out so it could be heard?

Use some common sence.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Need to add. It's about as dumb as kids getting expelled from school because of zero tolerance. Bax cutter in the car? Old pocket knife in a farmers pocket? Same thing. Just dumb. You got to take it case by case, and the people in charge know the difference.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.