The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to let everyone know what I heard.. At a HTE class a guys cell phone rang... the ring tone was geese... The WCO from Cumberland Co.... turned and said... if you were in the field right now... I'd pinch (fine) you!! The guy was one of the instructors for the class... So please... don't try using your ring tones to call in game...

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
One of the most stupid things I've heard and I'm sure you agree.

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
Maybe that was an attempt at humor? Probably not.

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
I dont even have words for that. I better make sure I keep my turkey gobble ringtone off during bird season

·
Registered
391 Posts
When you get the power you use the power. Just sayin'

·
Administrator
39,022 Posts
bburg said:
I wanted to let everyone know what I heard.. At a HTE class a guys cell phone rang... the ring tone was geese... The WCO from Cumberland Co.... turned and said... if you were in the field right now... I'd pinch (fine) you!! The guy was one of the instructors for the class... So please... don't try using your ring tones to call in game...
WOW!!!!

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
speaking of this, what other ring tones does everyone have that relate to outdoors???

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a different ring tone for different people.. My text come accross as coyotes... that would be ok, but I also have turkeys,hen talk.. and gobbeling.. and geese and some buck grunting..

·
Registered
13,867 Posts
jkhunter said:
It's electronic and electronic calls are illegal in pa (except predators).
Yup, and don't leave your coytoe ringtone (on) your cell when deer hunting....the deer (and your buddies) won't be too happy if it goes off!

Just sayin

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
The sad thing is that as stupid as this sounds to us, can you imagine if they didnt enforce the rule across the board just how many people would use their phones to call in game that they are not supposed to with their phones? I hav seen many people do anything they can just to skirt around a law. Its ridiculous.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
mbowerma said:
When you get the power you use the power. Just sayin'
phone is electronic game call when it makes game sounds , LE needs to enforce
the law & has no way to determin if ones phone went by accident so be sure to set Your phone to vibrate

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
Come on now! IF a WCO was watching you, and it went to a hen call when it rang he would know how you meant to use it. Did you have to dig into your pocket for the phone or were you holding it out so it could be heard?

Use some common sence.

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
Need to add. It's about as dumb as kids getting expelled from school because of zero tolerance. Bax cutter in the car? Old pocket knife in a farmers pocket? Same thing. Just dumb. You got to take it case by case, and the people in charge know the difference.

·
Registered
6,112 Posts
most people don't have their ringtone on while hunting, if you need it on change it to something that may spook game and not attract them.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts