The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Ring Bologna Kits

4K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Woodywoodduck 
#1 ·
I was going to order some ring bologna kits from Con Yeager today but they aren't open on Saturdays. They have a bologna kit and a trail bologna kit. Any of you have a recommendation? I'm not big on garlic, for what its worth. Also, if there is another bologna kit that you would recommend, let me know. I see Bass Pro has one also.

#2 ·
I like their ring bologna kit. I usually mix 6lbs of venison and 4 lbs of ground pork together, add the seasoning and run through the grinder again. Good stuff, better than anything else I have tried. A friend made the same kit but used fat instead of pork, I didnt care for it much.

#5 ·
rugered said:
I was going to order some ring bologna kits from Con Yeager today but they aren't open on Saturdays. They have a bologna kit and a trail bologna kit. Any of you have a recommendation? I'm not big on garlic, for what its worth. Also, if there is another bologna kit that you would recommend, let me know. I see Bass Pro has one also.
Then if your going to go with Con-Yeager...go with the Trail Bologna kit...it has garlic in it but it is not over powering...

the regular bologna kit has more garlic in it then the trail bologna kit...

also, thier summer suasage kits are very good and taste like Bologna and are made just like the bologna kits!

Backwoods kits are ok...but if you want very good bologna, wait until monday, call Con-Yeager and make an order and use thier kits....
I'll only use backwoods anymore if I can not get Con-Yeagers kits...I'll wait for Con-Yeager kits before going for something else!

What kind are you looking at from Bass Pro...Who is it made by? I know they have a few different kinds and I'm not a fan of any of them!

LEM kits are down right Junk and a waste of money!

#7 ·
The one I looked at at Bass Pro was an LEM Backwoods kit. I'll try the Con Yeager trail bologna and maybe a summer sausage. I have a recipe for summer sausage that I make myself that is pretty good. I'll try to post it. Thanks for the info guys.

I went to the bologna school a few years ago at Con Yeager. That was a great way to spend an evening and I would recommend it. They have a good thing going there.

#8 ·
Rugered buy con yeager only and you wont be disappointed. They are at the sports show if you are going there. There booth is 2816. Small both, i passed right by it and did not see it till I got the booth number.

#9 ·
rugered said:
The one I looked at at Bass Pro was an LEM Backwoods kit. I'll try the Con Yeager trail bologna and maybe a summer sausage. I have a recipe for summer sausage that I make myself that is pretty good. I'll try to post it. Thanks for the info guys.

I went to the bologna school a few years ago at Con Yeager. That was a great way to spend an evening and I would recommend it. They have a good thing going there.
The LEM Products I was refering to as JUNK are the ones in the Triangle Packages....there is another company that packages in Triangle packages but I can not remember the name of them (field and game or something like that)...Bass Pro and Gander Mountain also sell them, don't waste your money on those either....

LEMS Backwoods kits are ok in a pinch...but, if you want GOOD Bologna, go with Con-Yeager!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.