The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
6,450 Posts
rinehart has alot better selection of targets also. our 3d course is thinking about switching to them. mckenzie in my opinion the scoring rings are more where an archer would want to aim.

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Rinehart 18-1. Jr and I have been shooting at it for the past 1.5 years.It still is holding up great, and that is with 35% of the shots are with our broadheads.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Rinehart.I tried the glendel target this year.couple dozen broadhead shots killed it.for $200.00 bucks,complete junk.I bought a 3-d deer target at walmart about ten years ago,that thing was great,lasted a long time.

·
Registered
946 Posts
For hunting practice with field points and broadheads I stick with the Delta targets (Riverbottom, 6-Point Buck, etc.). I have two that I got for $40 each by keeping up with the after season sales. For that price I can shoot 'em all to pieces and not feel like I'm throwing away money. I like the fact that they are a little on the small side compared to a mature PA whitetail so my practice is a little more precise. You know, "Aim small, miss small." I actually have yet to replace either of the cores so they should last for many years. For 3-D shoots I always preferred the McKenzie targets. They just seem more realistic. They ease of pulling arrows from the Rhineharts is nice though.

V

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
I think the rinehart targets definitely last longer and arrows pull easier but not sure the extra cost is worth it in the long run?

·
Registered
16,275 Posts
I like the Rineharts... although I have been using alot of Delta's lately for practice.

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
I like the Rineharts. They are a bit pricey though. Just plan on buying a replacement insert each season or at best every other season, depending on how much you shoot. I've shot out McKenzies and Deltas in a single season. The Deltas have the twist and lock legs, and if you happen to drift low in a shot you can ruin your arrows and if you do it too many times, you'll also ruin the target. IMHO they are junk. I work way too hard to spend my hard earned money on junk.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Rinehart.
They are just more durable than the others, I run are clubs shoots and switched to all Rinehart over a course of 4-5 yrs and they are great. Yes they are more money, but in my opinion they are better. I also have the backyard buck here at the house and that is a good target too!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts