The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Right or left offset!

2K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  Fletchshedder 
#1 ·
I need to refletch a couple of arrows tomorrow. I am going to put blazer fletching on. I want to put a little bit of offset on the fletching to help put a little bit more spin on the arrow. I am going to put right onset on the fletching. When I look at the back of the arrow, the fletching should twist to the right correct? All my other arrows were fletched straight, this is why I ask.

#3 ·
I have a jo jan fletching jig, so I have to change it over so that I can do it. Maybe I can get just a little bit tighter groups..they are tight now...looking for a little bit more....I have never done offset, all of my past fletching were staight!...I am excited to try

#4 ·
I would highly recommend doing what you plan to do...

Also, if you're not currently doing so, get 2" blazer vanes. Trust me. You won't be shooting groups anymore, because they will be that tight you won't want to split anymore arrows. You'll need multiple dots to shoot at

Good luck with your fletching, and good luck to you in 2010!

#6 ·
Wraps are never a bad idea... they make your arrows unique, but most importantly, you'll have the benefit of seeing what kind of hit you made with the arrow instead of trying to read it on a black arrow shaft.

I switched to all white fletchings, but used to paint my arrows 6-8" from the knock down to give it a unique touch, and give it that benefit of blood reading after a hit.

I heard good things about the Jan Jo jig. I use a Blitz Jig, but they are all good these days it seems.

#7 ·
I really like my fletching jig, never had any problems with it. I would like to use wraps...but I have heard people say that if you use a prong style rest that it can tear up the wraps....so I am wondering if I should use them with my rest.....

#13 ·
I always fletch either offset or helical. Just make sure your broadheads are set straight in the ferrule and not offset. If they are then make sure the fletch is offset the same direction. We had a guy that had us fletch some arrows for him with a helical and he then shot Crimson Talons that were curled the opposite direction and when he shot they unscrewed themselves from the shaft, head turning one way and shaft the other!

#16 ·
Fletchshedder said:
I just fletched my first arrow with a right offset as much. As my jojan device will let Me.....will let everyone know how it goes. Tomorrow
Did that with my 4" quick spins for my broadheads. They group outstanding as to any other system I have tried. However: between 35-40 yards they loose a lot of speed and drop considerably. They did pass through a black bear at 17 yards.

I Fletched some more with 2 degree off set to test. I shoot aluminum arrows and made test loads with several different sizes which are all in or close to spine recommendations by Easton for my set up. Most anxious to try them.

#17 ·
Last night I got to shoot my arrows with the right offset placed on those arrows. I was able to place 4 arrows into a 1.37" grouping at 10 yards in my garage. Not too bad. I am planning on ordering plan shafts and fletching up a complete set with the blazers vanes and the right ofset on them. I am pleased with the results

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.