The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a better way to rig the light to my gun for now. I have been using zip ties to just mount it to the barrel. I know most of you's have light mounts and stuff but is there any other way to rig it to the gun I have a bunch of scope mounts laying around.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I baught a cree ultrafire 1000 lumne it's 1inch diamiter I already checked scope mount on it and it fit snug.

·
Registered
602 Posts
If you have access to a welder tack 2 scope rings together on top of each other base to base and mount on top of scope....or order a light mount...mounting on the barrel changed p.o.i. on my gun

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
With the current run on tactical type equipment, even Wal-Mart sells a light attachment...I know Dunham's also sells them....about $15 bucks.

·
Premium Member
24,077 Posts
I did mine the redneck way once, used camo duct tape.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Here are some pics of my set up.

As you see I took a scope ring mounted it upside down on my scope, then took a weaver rail put it in upside down in that ring attached a scope ring to the light then the rail. The only thing I had to do was take a file and file a notch in the back of the weaver rail so the screw on the bottom of the lights ring would attach.

It works really well I think. It's easy to take on and off for summer when I hunt ground hogs. I keep the scope cover on the scope to keep the light from scratching the scope.

[img:left]

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats a good idea zekedogg thanks I kinda did the same thing I took two scope mounts grined one down made a dovetail on it with a grinder and atatched the other scope mount to the dovetail I made. I was going to weld it but I dont have any oxy acedaline for the welder.

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
This is my setup.
Weaver bases.

Front ring uses this top

The 3rd ring is used for the light of my choice and is 30mm with 30mm/1" reducer if needed. This setup works solid and is easy on easy off. I dont like to store the rifle with the light attached.

Here is a pic with my old light attached.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Buk Huntir I like that set up. If I take my scope off the rifle I may use that set up when going back on. I was just looking for a way to do it without having to take the scope off and changing the rings.

·
Registered
927 Posts
I think the thick plastic mounts tgat come with a kill light work great and you can easily find them online, it only takes me 2 seconds to remove my light.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts