The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I still patrol it but up until now they weren't willing to press charges but that has changed now. We had another person life flighted out last week. I think that makes number five.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Just from my experience of riding the State Forest trails up there and staying at the Family Campground , someone should post a NOTICE at the campground referring to the golfcourse . A friend took me on the local trails 4 yrs. ago and we ended up at that golfcouse . When I asked if we we were aloud to be there , he said " look around at how many riders were riding in the same area , so we must be allowed " . Needless to say , I've never accepted another invitation to ride the local trails . It seems to be the mind set up in that area . I was even told by a local business owner that the locals have enough trails to touch 3 townships and that it was OK to travel them . Trust me , this is the type of info riders are getting when they stay in that local area . Notices may help deter the illegal riding , but I doubt it .

·
Registered
8,133 Posts
Was riding out there a few weeks ago, and we were told to stay away from there, and we did. We also had landowner permission for all the places we rode.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah we had a lot or trouble with the campground and phone calls have been made to them. It is a shame too, that this all has to come about because of a few that cant control themselves between the drinking and partying up there to the vandalism and just plane reckless riding.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hi Guys; I ride in Potter County alot. Can anyone tell me what trails you would take from the Family Campground to Rigas Golf Course without going on private property

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
palmbeachjoe said:
Hi Guys; I ride in Potter County alot. Can anyone tell me what trails you would take from the Family Campground to Rigas Golf Course without going on private property
It's all technically private property. Some is township roads, some is private land open for ATV's and some is leased and ridden on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts