The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get a rifle sling for my rifle. Problem is I don't want a leather one because leather doesn't really go with a black stock with red webbing in it. I'm looking for something other than leather that I can get that has red in it. Anyone help me out, I've been looking online but havent really got anywhere.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Look on Cabelas's website, they have a big selection of leather and synthetic slings.

·
Registered
25,524 Posts
I've been using nylon web slings for years. Forget the brand name (E-Z Sling?), but they run around $16 to $18 dollars and most places have them (Kmart, Dick's, gunshops, Walmart, etc).

The older ones have metal QD swivels, the newer ones are plastic, but I've had zero problems with any of them. Some are black, some are camo.

One that I put on a cousin's rifle some years ago, did have a screw come loose that holds the sling loops together, but it was an easy fix. Now I make sure they're all tight.

·
Premium Member
24,318 Posts
Same here. Hard to bear the Claw with the Hush swivels in a non-leather sling.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have a sling I bought about 20 yrs ago I thought was called a super sling but its not like the ones they sell now. You can use it several different ways, over your shoulder, acrossed your chest, middle of back(for climbling). Its nylon and has a hook that you can undo towards the top. I love it but cant find another..anyone know what its called?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts