The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Rifle Season Camp

6K views 43 replies 40 participants last post by  RecurveMan 
#1 ·
I know it may be a little early but who is going up for rifle and when. Lets see some rifle camp photos. I know I'm excited and I'm going on Black Friday.

#27 ·
I'll be down the road from Mr Spike at 4 corners, Highland Twp from tomorrow until the 1st Weds of deer season. 2 full weeks!

The wife and Wee Man will be up next Weds and we'll be doing Thanksgiving at camp this year.

#29 ·
Leaving for camp this Friday at 8am and staying for all of bear season until evening before Thanksgiving. Then headed back up on the Sunday after until Tuesday evening for first two days of rifle season. My dad and I will just be hunting does on some DMAP properties. Then we go back up for the last four days of the season. Camp is in Highland Twp, Elk County. Can't wait.

#30 ·
Heading to camp Friday... hunt Sat. for bear....head back up Black Friday... Hunt Mon.-Wed...work Thurs. backup Thurs. night...hunt Fri. and Sat. Huntingdon County.

#35 ·
Headed up to my buddy's "new" camp in Sigel this weekend for bear. My camp on Bluejay will be empty, but I look forward to helping my good bud start a new tradition at his new place. 6-8 of us in his camp, meeting up with a big crew from a Halton camp. Hunting Halton/Spring Creek area. Good luck everyone and be safe!

#36 ·
I'll walk out the front door to start the trip around 9AM the day after Thanksgiving and should get to camp in McKean county sometime between 3 and 4 AM Saturday. After a quick nap hope to grab the shotgun and pretend like I could hit a grouse Saturday, but just being somewhere for a good long walk where it isn't 90 degrees is enough for me. I took 2 weeks off and can hunt through Wednesday of the second week if that's what it takes. Just Dad and I at camp now and I'm hoping this is the year we both get bucks. It's been 27 years since both of us connected on opening day.

#41 ·
Headin up black fri. will be joined by my brother on sun. til wed.1st week, then alone til the following sun. and then joined by son-in-law til wed. of 2nd week then alone til the last sat.
Glen Hazel, Elk county.

Best 2 weeks of the year for me!!!!

#42 ·
My dream always was to head to camp in Potter, hunt bear, have thanksgiving dinner at the camp, watch some football relax do some scouting, hunt the first week of buck.
But with the holiday and the family situation for Thanksgiving dinner seems it will stay a dream.
Someday maybe if I can talk the wife into Thanksgiving at camp.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.