The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Mathews Shooter said:
Headed to leeper friday after thanksgiving, gonna stay 9 nights. Only gonna have 3 in camp, big difference than the usual 8
I know the feeling all to well. We went from 10 people in a cramped space to 3 people the last couple years. It makes things a bit less interesting but at least I don't have to sleep on a tile floor anymore.

·
Super Moderator
12,799 Posts
First year in a while I likely won't be at camp...

New job starts this coming Monday...haven't seen my schedule yet...but if I was a betting man I'd bet hard that I will be working..

Small sacrafice..I should get some days off during the season..

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
mauser06 said:
First year in a while I likely won't be at camp...

New job starts this coming Monday...haven't seen my schedule yet...but if I was a betting man I'd bet hard that I will be working..

Small sacrafice..I should get some days off during the season..
I'm in the same boat sort of.
Waiting on word about a new job.
So I'm not planning anything at this point.
If I don't get the job I will be hunting locally opening week.
May hit Potter Co. for 3 or 4 days the second week.
Good Luck to all and be SAFE.

·
Registered
15,144 Posts
I will be at camp in Poe Valley from Friday afternoon until Wednesday, I am ready for next weekend.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Headed to tionesta black friday morning home tuesday night. About 10 guys for the weekend activities then down to 6 for the hunt

·
Registered
36 Posts
Elk County, Highland Corners...Saturday Till Tuesday... Sunday Night All You Can Eat
At Russell City HI-LA Sportsman Club ... Monday Night Kane Fish And Game For Their "Mr. Big Buck Contest" ... Hopefully Not Just As A Looker ..

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
I'll be down the road from Mr Spike at 4 corners, Highland Twp from tomorrow until the 1st Weds of deer season. 2 full weeks!

The wife and Wee Man will be up next Weds and we'll be doing Thanksgiving at camp this year.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Headed up to camp the Saturday after Thanksgiving for rifle season. Going to have 6 guys this year, it should be a blast. -Twins Springs Camp-Centerville, Pa.

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Leaving for camp this Friday at 8am and staying for all of bear season until evening before Thanksgiving. Then headed back up on the Sunday after until Tuesday evening for first two days of rifle season. My dad and I will just be hunting does on some DMAP properties. Then we go back up for the last four days of the season. Camp is in Highland Twp, Elk County. Can't wait.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Heading to camp Friday... hunt Sat. for bear....head back up Black Friday... Hunt Mon.-Wed...work Thurs. backup Thurs. night...hunt Fri. and Sat. Huntingdon County.

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Heading up tomorrow afternoon and will be up for the next 2 and 1/2 weeks in Huntington Co. Family will be up for Thansgiving. Byhalia, stop by if you're in the area.

·
Registered
558 Posts
jealous of all you guys who can take 2 weeks to go hunting. only able to go up the 5th till the 9th, but still thankful for the time I do get.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Up Fri till Thanksgiving ,back up Fri till following sat.
If no luck up there hunting 2D for the week if necessary.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Headed up to my buddy's "new" camp in Sigel this weekend for bear. My camp on Bluejay will be empty, but I look forward to helping my good bud start a new tradition at his new place. 6-8 of us in his camp, meeting up with a big crew from a Halton camp. Hunting Halton/Spring Creek area. Good luck everyone and be safe!

·
Registered
329 Posts
I'll walk out the front door to start the trip around 9AM the day after Thanksgiving and should get to camp in McKean county sometime between 3 and 4 AM Saturday. After a quick nap hope to grab the shotgun and pretend like I could hit a grouse Saturday, but just being somewhere for a good long walk where it isn't 90 degrees is enough for me. I took 2 weeks off and can hunt through Wednesday of the second week if that's what it takes. Just Dad and I at camp now and I'm hoping this is the year we both get bucks. It's been 27 years since both of us connected on opening day.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Marienville,forest county from black Friday to following Wednesday, going back with the bow to take down the freak I have from archery season film

21 - 40 of 44 Posts