The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking around for a cheap beginner Scope for my Son on his 18th B'day. I came across Nikon Prostaff 4X32 Rimfire Classic at RifleScopePro.com. They are offering it for $112.95.

What do you all think? Is it worth it?

·
Registered
7,794 Posts
Pro staff is a very good scope for the money...Go to Ebay for the best deals...You should be able to get the 2X7 for that price..

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Another vote for the Prostaff. Quaitly,accurate scope adjustments great fit and finish.

Check out opticsplanet and ebay.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
and there are a couple good deals on SWFA.com on the sample list.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I really like my 2-7x Prostaff...good luck

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
cheaperthandirt.com. They usually have some pretty good deals oon scopes there. You can get a decent 3-9x40 for under $150.00. I would not go with the fixed power unless it is a handgun scope. The variable power scopes are alot nicer to sight in on the range and give you alot more versatility in the field as well.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
I just looked on e-bay and there are some deals to be had on Nikon Prostaff scopes. 3-9x40 NIB for about $130 is a good price. I always suggest Leupold's for a scope because it is a lifetime investment and the rifle is no good if the scope is junk, although I have gotten some good service out of some lower class of scope - I am a fan of the Bushnell Trophy line and own a couple of them - last time I checked they were about $80 to $100. Bushnell is a brand other than Leupold and Nikon that I would trust.

But my last 3 scope purchases have been Leupold's

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Andy1 said:
I just looked on e-bay and there are some deals to be had on Nikon Prostaff scopes. 3-9x40 NIB for about $130 is a good price. I always suggest Leupold's for a scope because it is a lifetime investment and the rifle is no good if the scope is junk, although I have gotten some good service out of some lower class of scope - I am a fan of the Bushnell Trophy line and own a couple of them - last time I checked they were about $80 to $100. Bushnell is a brand other than Leupold and Nikon that I would trust.

But my last 3 scope purchases have been Leupold's
Ditto on the Bushnell Trophy's 3x9x40 Matte can't be beat for the price and quality for a HUNTING optic I have no issues at all with mine..

·
Banned
10,667 Posts
slavage said:
hmm so why my post get deleated?? i was giving him sound advice
maybe because your advice was nothing more then a way to steal without getting caught. thats not good advice unless you are a thief.

·
Registered
160 Posts
just got a 3x9 40mm seems to be a great scope for the price looks really nice on browning abolt hopefully will give good service

·
Banned
24,445 Posts
martinclaybold said:
I was looking around for a cheap beginner Scope for my Son on his 18th B'day. I came across Nikon Prostaff 4X32 Rimfire Classic at RifleScopePro.com. They are offering it for $112.95.

What do you all think? Is it worth it?

Weaver makes a nice scope for rimfires...even is of high quality jap glass/construction! Have one on my CZ 452 22LR & love it!! It would in that price range.

Weaver Rimfire Classic 2-7

1 - 17 of 17 Posts