The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe there are two of them, or used to be. I used to shoot at the one off of Plank rd. Never been to the one in Tobyhana near the Depot. I have heard that both ranges have been closed. Anyone know if this is true? If so, what is the closest range to go to?

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
The one by the Depot is new and was made to replace the Gouldsboro range. I have not been to the "new" range---I shoot at my Sportsman's club.

Dave

·
Registered
5,630 Posts
What is a 3D rifle range? Ive never heard of such a thing.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Shooter X said:
I believe there are two of them, or used to be. I used to shoot at the one off of Plank rd. Never been to the one in Tobyhana near the Depot. I have heard that both ranges have been closed. Anyone know if this is true? If so, what is the closest range to go to?
Shooter,
2 ranges in 3d I frequent.
There is a range on Suscon Road in Jenkins Twp., Luzerne Co. This was just completely renovated and reopened last year. It has 100 yds targets and a 50yd. target.
But don't confuse this range with the one out in Thornhurst that is along side the Lehigh River. I believe that one is currently still closed for renovations.

The other is just off the Casey Highway bypass in Lackawanna Co. on the Archibald Mtn. I believe it is the Cortez Road exit. This one has several different shooting areas. 200yds.,100yds.,handgun and shotgun.

Casey Highway is the road that merges off I-81 and leads into Honesdale, Wayne Co.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
The Tobyhanna range near Gouldsboro is closed. It should reopen at it's new location this spring. It's now down where they check the bears.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
The new range at Tobyhanna off Rt. 423 is open. It's a nice range that includes a pistol range as well.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good info guys thanks.

Just recently purchased a new CZ 527 in 204 that i would love to take to that 200 yd range that was mentioned.

Thanks again

1 - 10 of 10 Posts