The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read that the magazine capacity for bolt action rifles in PA for deer hunting is 5 rounds. Is this correct? I couldn't find any regs against detachable magazines, as long as it is no more than 5 rounds correct? Thanks

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
ScoutRifleman said:
I read that the magazine capacity for bolt action rifles in PA for deer hunting is 5 rounds. Is this correct? I couldn't find any regs against detachable magazines, as long as it is no more than 5 rounds correct? Thanks
There are NO magazine capacity limitations in Pennsylvania for hunting deer with bolt action rifles.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
This is the only place there is a rifle magazine capacity.

any semiautomatic firearm modified to permit one shell in the chamber and no more than four shells in a magazine may be used by a person who suffered an amputation or lost the total use of one or both hands.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh wow. I thought there was a limit! So I should be OK with my Rem 700 with a 5rd detachable magazine? A good marksmen should only need 1 shot, but I know PA has bear and a few other predatory animals. So having some ammo handy is nice.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
The only "predatory animals" in Pennsylvania that I would be concerned with only have two legs . . . and most of them are in the Special Regulation Areas.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts