The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Re: Rifle Hunting

You can't make a blanket ruling on this. There are places that really should be shotgun/muzzleloader only and others it wouldn't matter .

·
Registered
62 Posts

maybe a bit off topic... However, what is with the early "muzzleloader" season? Single shot pistols and rifles should be permitted as well IMO. Seriously sub MOA groups at 100 yards... 3x9 scopes, esentially centerfire cartridgelesses? I guess they do have to be loaded from the muzzle though...

·
Registered
215 Posts

I didn't vote, because, I don't really care. I think that arguement, either way, is impossible to justify. Todays "slug guns" and "muzzleloaders" are basically big bore rifles. They shoot way beyond the average distance of most whitetail harvested here in PA. I know the maxium effective range of a .308 is greater than that of a 12 ga. sabot, but hunting in most suburban areas the difference is meaningless. A 10 acre woodlot surrounded by houses, is still a 10 acre woodlot surrounded by houses, no matter if you use a .22 or a 300 H&H. When the PAGC initiated those areas, they had in mind guys shooting "pumkin balls", buckshot and primative muzzleloading rifles.

P.S I'm an avid bowhunter...lol

·
Registered
1,428 Posts

i agree that inline are pretty much centerfire rifles besides that you load them from the muzzle. other than that thier the same.....that is why i wont use one. i would like if this state became flintlock, shotgun, bow only, i like a challenge

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

darkhollowarcher said:
trigger creep said:
Great poll to divide hunters. Congats.
Couldnt agree more , it does seem to be the bowhunters agenda.
how the heck is this dividing hunters? its a question either answer it or ignore it. If guys have that big of a problem with it , i will have it deleted

·
Registered
901 Posts

Not sure what exactly this question means...which do I hunt with....which do I prefer? Don't get it. Depending on where I hunt determines what I use?

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

sorry it was for if they should keep rifles or do away with them and only have muzzleloader and shotgun

im trying to get the poll deleted, because too many guys have a problem with it

·
Registered
3,489 Posts

Thing is there is no, repeat no justification to go with shotgun-ml only except for anti gunners. There is no proof that shotgun-ml's are safer, in fact, I think the last time this was brought up the data went the other way.

·
Premium Member
24,025 Posts
PA Rifle Hunters are a major/formidable force here in our Pa Hunter Ranks!! Far greater & more powerful(voicewise) than the archer/mler(ONLY) hunters. I hunt both MLers & cf rifles and love them all. My teeth were cut many years ago as a Pa rifle hunter & will always enjoy toting my cf when i want!!

i think this poll reflects this for sure!!

·
Registered
1,696 Posts

ZacPAbowhunter said:
darkhollowarcher said:
trigger creep said:
Great poll to divide hunters. Congats.
Couldnt agree more , it does seem to be the bowhunters agenda.
how the heck is this dividing hunters? its a question either answer it or ignore it. If guys have that big of a problem with it , i will have it deleted

What did you vote for and why? Just trying to understand why you started this poll.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts

its suppose to be primative guns its not that way today. might as well take 06 and be done with it...later

1 - 16 of 16 Posts