The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Ridgeway's VBR !!

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  dragman 
#1 ·
I see the first match of the season was held a couple of weeks ago, I know personally lots of the shooters and we have a couple of the regulars on this forum that have done very well over the years and shoot all the time...their format for showing scores is about as nice as anyone's going...I realize the individuals all give their time in recording and posting scores usually for nothing but I wish they would add one column to their score sheet, Cartridge Used....lots of people would like to see how different cartridges compare and just what people are using...guess we're all nosey !!

#4 ·
in past years I have shot the match with:
300 RUM (shooting 208 Amax's at 3335fps)
338 RUM with 300 grainers
and a 338 lapua.

by the end of the day my neck was hurting. the WSM is not bad at all though it's my go too.

#5 ·
The 300WSM is one of my favorites, followed very closely by the dasher which I started using last year. I also have a 6BR that holds its own, it's even won a couple times in very high wind.

Our group is mostly dashers, a couple 260's this year, one guy has a flavor of the month but he likes his 6x47 and 6.5x284 a lot more than the others he's used.

#6 ·
I know the 6's are great. I just can't get on board. I have a 6X47 reamer here that Tim used to do one gun for a friend of mine and I keep thinking I should use it on a build then the 7's and 30's keep calling me back haha.

#7 ·
Drag.that would take a he-man to handle 60+ shots from any ultra mag off the bench even with breaks and everything else...barrel heat would cook bacon, also it would get a tad bit expensive shooting .338 cal bullets. The 6's in general would be much more pleasant and considerably cheape to handle...just wish they'd add cartridge to their score sheet.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.