The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
to raise the bullet impact on a target you must raise the sight itself ?and if that statement is true then why does it not do it ?

·
Banned
24,445 Posts
yep just move the sight the way you wunt poa to go.

Why yours isnt?? You aint movin the target too are ya? LOL

kiddin aside...mebbie make more of an adjustment.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol no but I might have to I cant seem to get the impact to come up any more and the sight is all the way up

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
You are speaking of the rear sight of course?

·
Registered
12,209 Posts
Can you tell us more about the firearm you are shooting, the sight, and the ammunition? What you are describing sounds odd, so details please. Rule of thumb: move the rear sight in the direction you want the bullet to impact on the target.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it is a 45 cal green mnt barrel 1in 28 twist ,shooting the platinum power belts weight is 233 gr. started with 70 gr.of 3 f and when I didnt get results out of frustration went up to 90 gr...I am shooting about a foot low good center just low .I have the sight all the way up .I am shooting off of a bench with bags.at 40 yards it is good but at 70 yards no good

·
Banned
24,445 Posts
I had that problem while trying to help a friend site in a flinter. Solution was to get a new sight with more adjustment range.

·
Registered
12,209 Posts
You need to lower your front sight. I had the same problem with my Lyman GPR and after several sessions with a file --ended up putting a turtle sight on the front end. Problem over. Lowering the front sight will bring the muzzle up.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
File a tad bit off the front blade if you are sure the barrel has been thoroughly put through the test---lots of shots that is-----if you file do so ever so gently and shoot ---flie ----shoot--you get the idea

·
Registered
12,209 Posts
Bunky - I got to disagree with you on this one. If he already has the rear sight as high as it will go, then no amount of filing is going to bring that front sight down to a point where it's going to do him any good. And, most of the front sights on front stuffers tend to widen at the base which means that by the time he files down that far - he will not be able to get daylight on the sides of the front sight when he is looking through the rear notch. I still think he needs to get a very low front sight and go from there.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
You move the REAR sight the way you want the bullet to move.
Opposite for the front.

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
hunter4095 said:
bring your rear sight down to raise your impact.
No....you'll be at the range for a very long time if you do this.....and you'll still be scratchin your head.

If you want the bullet to hit higher, move the rear sight higher, if you want the bullet to hit lower, move the rear sight lower.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts