The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two questions....
How's the deer, Bear hunting around rickets glen.

And someone told me they drained the Lake (lake Jean) is that true? and is it filled back up now?

thanks

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
good chance at bears,,,lots of hunters around the park,,lots of camps...not many deer....there are turkeys way back in..if you can put some miles on your boots.

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
Big Bears, and Bigger Bucks if you put the time in! My Camp is 20 Minutes from the top of Red Rock, and the bucks in that area are very good!! If you archery hunt, its even better!!

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
If you can pattern a buck during archery in there, I can almost guarantee you will kill it with the rifle if ya don't knock him down with the bow!!

·
Registered
18,571 Posts
The parts of Rickets open to hunting holds plenty of Bear and Deer. Same for Both SGL 13 and 57. If you have people around your chances are better. Scout and hunt for the game and not the full parking lots.
Both Lake Jean and Mt springs are now holding water. Fishing quality is low but should improve on Lake Jean. Waugh!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.