·
Super Moderator
23,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
6 hrs from now these will be dinner

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
if i remember right, do you use a brinkman style water smoker? if so, how do you maintaint the temps on a day like this? i'm a Qaholic and have been jonesing big time but haven't had luck with my cheapo brinkman on cold days.

·
Super Moderator
23,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pumpgun said:
if i remember right, do you use a brinkman style water smoker? if so, how do you maintaint the temps on a day like this? i'm a Qaholic and have been jonesing big time but haven't had luck with my cheapo brinkman on cold days.

I'm useing a 55 gal drum smoker now, thing is awesome, wind and cold have no effect on it.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
is there a water pan in that? and it looks like its propane rather than charcoal? looks like you used a weber kettle lid too. i love Q'ing.

·
Super Moderator
23,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
google "ugly drum smoker" this is the real deal for winter smokeing.

no water pan and it uses charcoal, i can burn 16+ hours on a single basket. if you love to bbq this may be what your looking for.

·
Super Moderator
23,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
finished ribs, notice the draw back on the bones, ya know these were good

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Tater...can you post (unless you have already) up a detailed description of the barrell smoker you made? Schematics, pics...list of parts, etc. Those ribs look awesome btw. I would like to make one too....

·
Super Moderator
23,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I can do that when I get home. You can google ugly drum smoker and find a lot of info. The drum is an awesome smoker.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Tater can you post the detailed method that you use for your ribs?
I want to try them this week.
What kind of ribs do you use?

·
Super Moderator
23,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I can detail tommorrow

1 - 15 of 15 Posts