The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heading to Kersey, Pa to help out the RGS serving as a Huntsman at that sections upland bird hunt. The weather seems to be improving for Friday afternoon and looks good on Saturday. The dog is primed up and ready to run. This is my fourth year doing this and bird numbers have been good. This is a great group of people and always fun. The locals have mixed reports, but if you are heading up there, please introduce yourself to me. Randy

·
Registered
455 Posts
Randy,
I really wanted to do that event this year, but both of my girls are running in cross country championships on Saturday, one at the PA high school championships in Hershey and one at the Atlantic 10 Championships in Richmond, VA. My wife drew the Hershey meet so I'll be in Richmond but either way I wasn't going to make the RGS hunt.

I'll be thinking about you guys. Glad to see that another Beaver County huntsman will be representing there. Have a great time and tell Mary Hosmer that I said Hi.

Rob Hilliard

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"Weedville" the name sounds grousy and if your a dope smoker, paradise

Rob,

I will give Mary a hellow from you.

·
Registered
455 Posts
First, become an RGS member. If you live in western Pa ( you've got that covered), they'll send you a notification asking for volunteers.

By the way, huntsman is just a fancy word for guide.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Anyone know the numbers of birds flushed and harvested during the hunt this year? Seems like bird numbers are way down...

·
Registered
455 Posts
mcclinj said:
Yeah, I guess I must have missed the notification....I'll keep an eye out for next year

-John
You can also contact the RGS HQ in Moon. They'd be happy to put you in touch with Mary Hosmer, who I believe is the primary organizer of the hunt. That way you'll be sure not to miss the notification when it comes around (my wife and kids are great for tossing that stuff in the trash without checking with me).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts