The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all quick question I have always invested my money in well made firearms for common sense reasons like being able to pass them down and investment purposes...but about a year ago I caved and bought a taurus snub nose revolver for my wife and need to return it to the factory for repair(cylinder off timing amoung other problems) under warranty ..Does anyone know th elaw regarding postage I believe I can have it returned to the house but need to overnight it per ups to the factory...anyone have experience with this?

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
It has been a while since I shipped a gun to the factory or a gunsmith. I know when I did it you could ship and receive it, because it was already registered to you. I have heard that now it must be "next day/over nighted". If I was you I would contact the factor/Taurus, they will tell you the best way and the legal way to get it to them. They might not even want you to ship it to them, alot of manufacturer's have repair shops do their work.

Good luck, Tony

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Joeyp said:
Hello all quick question I have always invested my money in well made firearms for common sense reasons like being able to pass them down and investment purposes...but about a year ago I caved and bought a taurus snub nose revolver for my wife and need to return it to the factory for repair(cylinder off timing amoung other problems) under warranty ..Does anyone know th elaw regarding postage I believe I can have it returned to the house but need to overnight it per ups to the factory...anyone have experience with this?
Think she will forgive you for the Taurus?

·
Registered
25,518 Posts
Per advice given, contact Taurus for instructions on how/where to send it for warranty repairs. If you bought it from a dealer, that's where I'd start?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
haha already had to buy her a S&W ladysmith to make up for it haha...got the revolver for what i thought was a steal you get what you pay for thanks all

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Every time I have had to return a firearm to the factory, I have returned to the dealer, and he sends it at his cost. No problem, but it means running back and forth.

·
Registered
7,059 Posts
I just sent back two S&W's - they fronted the shipping both ways. Just had to drop off at FedEx and they had the over night boxes there for free as well.

Cost to me $0.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts