The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought for a minute I fell asleep for 9 months and woke up on April 1st but it seems Lebron James is returning to Cleveland. Surprising because people who leave Cleveland usually count themselves lucky and never want to go back. Must have been that McDonalds commercial he did with Johnny <span style="text-decoration: line-through">Cokehead</span> Football

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/lebron-james-returning-to-cavaliers-163735610.html?clear=cache

·
4,229 Posts
I am not an NBA fan really, mostly watch game seven on a championship and that is about it but I like Lebron James.

Good for Cleveland.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Well, if there is a town that can accept failing, Cleveland is the one. Well, Philly too.

·
Registered
39,628 Posts
Also, the Pirates fans,for the last 35 years, can accept failing.

·
Banned
1,465 Posts
Not an NBA fan but i will say that from what I read and see in interveiws on him he is a very well rounded and grounded individual. How many kids come out of high school and have that kind of $$$$$$ thrown at them and stay that modest.

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not anywhere near an NBA fan. As a matter of fact, I think any basketball past the HS level is corrupt. But with that being said, here's my opinion: He screwed the pooch with "The Decision" But, I think he more than made up for it with this. Took a pay cut and basically tossed any immediate chance of another championship ring out the window to be a homeboy. Got to admire that.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Pay cut???
He only signed 2 year deal @ about 22 million per so he can resign another NEW contract after TV deal kicks in and salary cap goes up. Rumors have it he will be asking, AND GETTING, 50 million and up PER SEASON!!!
Not well rounded, just not STUPID to throw away all that green!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts