The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read on FB several stories in Phila. that Police are not welcomed and they stand with black lives matter etc.

I personally never went to any on the list and I definitely wil not be going in the future.

A lot of comments supporting the police.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I read on FB several stories in Phila. that Police are not welcomed and they stand with black lives matter etc.

I personally never went to any on the list and I definitely wil not be going in the future.

A lot of comments supporting the police.
My guess is these restaurants will be making it on to the police's secret "Do Not Respond" list in the event they ever call for help in case of a robbery, shooting, whatever. People being what they are, 'what goes around comes around'.

·
Registered
6,677 Posts
Just like everything else in America these days...gonna have division in the restaurants. Lib. or Conservative , take your pick.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
D bruno bros is one and POES a sandwich shop in Fishtown and I cant find the name of the other places on FB. Poes had a letter saying for the police not to order from them if I find the letter I will post it

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Funny. Wait till the looters come and destroy their business. Don't call the police because their not wanted. Better yet wait till someone breaks in the home and let's just see who they call. I bet its the police. Restaurant's pandering to the looters and rioters. This country is getting worse by the day.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hilly Restaurant Poe’s Sandwich Joint Refuses to Serve Police

VICTOR FIORILLO | JUNE 4, 2020 AT 9:54 AM

A roundup of Philly news. This post may be updated at any time as new information becomes available.

Philly Restaurant Poe’s Sandwich Joint Refuses to Serve Police
Shortly after I published this story about Hungry Pigeon chef Scott Schroeder’s “Black America” comments, and as I continued to get DMs and emails about a controversy surrounding Di Bruno Bros. offering free lunch for police officers (more on that later), I started getting tips regarding a problem with N.A. Poe and his restaurant Poe’s Sandwich Joint.

“I’d like to inform you of some posts your 2019 Best of Philly Stoner food [winner] is posting on social media,” wrote one reader on Wednesday, referring to Poe’s Sandwich Joint. “I’d like to think you wouldn’t want your magazine to be associated with a sandwich shop that spreads hate and division.”

It turns out that the hubbub is over Poe’s decision to refuse to serve police officers at Poe’s Sandwich Joint, his stoner food haven at 5th Street and Cecil B. Moore Avenue. This all started when he got a request to donate sandwiches to Philly police, something common among Philly pizza and sandwich shops. He said no.

Then he posted this advertisement on Instagram, making his stance quite clear:

an ad for poes sandwich joint, which refuses to serve police officers
An Instagram advertisement for Philly restaurant Poe’s Sandwich Joint, which refuses to serve police officers.

TO. SERVE. CIVILIANS. ONLY.

Talk about drawing battle lines.

Someone sent a DM to Poe on Instagram, asking him to clarify his position.

“Are police officers allowed to purchase ur food yes or no?,” the person inquired.

“If police in uniform came to the window and tried to order, I’d use my right as a small business owner to not serve them,” replied Poe.

OK then.

Over the last couple of days, the Yelp page for Poe’s Sandwich Joint has been inundated with one-star reviews. And I do mean inundated. Just take a look at these Yelp results, sorted by most recent first.

On Wednesday night, I reached out to Poe, who pleaded guilty to two felony charges in 2018 after an infamous pot party bust. He’s had other run-ins with the law as well.

“I am not serving food to cops during the occupation of Philadelphia,” he told me. “I realize I am not being a good businessman. I am being an activist, and this is a battleground. They can troll the ---- out of me all they want. But what side of history do you want to be on? I want to be on the side that believes that people shouldn’t be murdered — and that people shouldn’t be teargassed when we say those murders aren’t right. I’m going to stand my ground.”

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
So let me get this straight. Businesses have the RIGHT to refuse service to Lew enforcement officer in uniform because of their “activism” but a business is not allowed to decline service to someone wanting a gay wedding catered because its against their religious beliefs??!

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Aren’t the same people screaming to defund the police the same ones who say that only military and law enforcement should have AR’s...?
Yes, but I think after the American public witnessed the chaos, violence, and destruction of the last nine or ten days I feel it's safe to say that the gun control debate in America is over for the next decade at least. Everyone knows now that no one will help you if trouble comes, you have to take care of business yourself. Tried to get into a gun shop in the past week or so?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts