The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently emailed several of my representatives both on the state and federal level to let them know that I was opposed to any upcoming gun restrictions or bans. Today I was sent a letter in reply by my local member of the PA House of Representatives Dick Stevenson. Just wanted to share his reply,

"Dear Mr. Buckhunter:

Thank you for contacting me to express your opposition to further gun control measures in the Commonwealth. Your comments are welcome and I appreciate this opportunity to respond. As you know, I have consistently supported our second amendment rights and will continue to do so.

The right to keep and bear arms is guranteed by the constitutions of Pennsylvania and the United States. In my view, these rights represent a coveted freedom and are among those important qualities that have enabled this country to remain a free and democratic one.

That being said, Pennsylvania already has a fairly restrictive set of gun laws and regulations that were established under the Uniform Firearms Act approved during the Special Session on Crime in 1995. The act made sweeping changes to the existing laws of the Commonwealth relating to the sale, possession, lending or giveing of firearms. Given these laws, I intend to review any gun control proposals with careful scrutiny and to oppose what seems to be unreasonable control of a law-abiding individual's right to lawfully possess and use firearms.

Again, I thank you for your input. If I can be of further assistance to you in matters relating to state government, please do not hesitate to contact me."

Just wanted to share this I know that some of our elected officials have planned to introduce new legislation concerning stricter gun control in here in PA but at least Mr. Stevenson seems like he is willing to protect our 2nd amendment rights.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts