The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I was buying my license at Wal-Mart today the lady punched in my birth date and then asked if I wanted a resident senior lifetime combo license, i told her i wouldn't be 65 until next april and she said according to what was on the computer, (i assume its the game commissions official page) i was eligible, so I bought it for $101.97 Did she screw up or did the game commission screw up, I asked her several times and she said the information on the screen said I was eligible

·
Super Moderator
15,065 Posts
She was correct and neither one screwed up.

A person is eligible to purchase a senior license during the license year in which they turn 65. Since this license year is July 1, 2022 - June 30, 2023 and you turn 65 within that time period you are eligible for the senior lifetime this year.

Congratulations, enjoy your season and many more years to come.

Dick Bodenhorn

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

A person is eligible to purchase a senior license during the license year in which they turn 65. Since this license year is July 1, 2022 - June 30, 2023 and you turn 65 within that time period you are eligible for the senior lifetime this year.

Dick Bodenhorn
Since I got a senior license I guess I can hunt the October special firearms anterless only season October 20-22

·
Registered
Ravin R9
7,163 Posts

Dick Bodenhorn
Exactly, my birthday is in April so I was able to get mine at the age of 64

·
Registered
722 Posts
T
When I was buying my license at Wal-Mart today the lady punched in my birth date and then asked if I wanted a resident senior lifetime combo license, i told her i wouldn't be 65 until next april and she said according to what was on the computer, (i assume its the game commissions official page) i was eligible, so I bought it for $101.97 Did she screw up or did the game commission screw up, I asked her several times and she said the information on the screen said I was eligible
hats why I still support walmart, I purchased my first senior lifetime combo from a lgs I did business with for years, $105.75. After the transaction I seen the guy open the register and slips a few bills out. Needless to say last time I’ll ever go there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts