The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have these? If so, would you mind sharing what you think of them? They're on sale starting Sunday for $100 off of each, which seems like a good deal. I've been eyeing a new cold weather setup, but even on sale this is a bigger ticket purchase for me ($400 total), so I'm worried about buyer's remorse. Thanks in advance for any help!

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I have the parka and pants. I've never been a bibs fan. They are warm enough that if I have my cabelas heavyweight grid thermals on I typically dont need anything else. When its bitter I'll throw on a fleece. Only downside is if you're walking to a stand you will get sweated up and that's bad news but they are breathable. I always walk in with just a breathable tshirt and the coat.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Very warm I bought them and used them once. I grab the iwom first before them for stand hunting. The Iwom or the Heater Body Suit are the warmest out for stand hunting. If I was going to just gun hunt I would by the Heater Body Suit for gun and archery the Iwom. JMO

Reactions: PAhunterMD

·
Registered
454 Posts
I have the parka and the pants. The pluses: they are very quiet and warm. The minuses: they are heavy and a bit bulky.

I wear them when I plan to sit in a stand all day when it’s below freezing. As mentioned above you either need to carry them (read bulky above) or really take your time.

While bulky I’m still able to shoot a bow in them. I’ve sat all day in them with temps in the upper teens/lower 20s with only a good baselayer and pants/ fleece top under them.

I would not recommend them if you plan on moving a lot through the day.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input, folks! It appears the consensus is they're warm, but too warm for a long walk. I already don't walk in fully dressed, so I don't consider that a con. I'm sure it will be an upgrade from my current bibs and coat, but now I'm interested in the iWom!

·
Registered
22,150 Posts
hey fellas

along with warm clothing get the large hand warmers with adhesive. stick two on the inside front of your coat and two in the back. place the smaller hand warmers with adhesive inside your bibs. i also wear a knit hat with a small hand warmer stuck to the outside of that with a orange face cover pulled down over that.

i can sit all day and be toasty warm :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm fairly certain that I got a coupon in the mail recently that if you spend up to$500 you save $75. This is the deal they ruin every so often. I believe it's still good.

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
Might cost you a little more, but I would also look at the First Lite Sanctuary bibs and jacket. I know the bibs were on sale for 260.00 over Black Friday and Cyber Monday and may go on sale again near Christmas.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I've had the first edition MTO 50 for 8 years. I'm a huge fan, yes a little bulky, but worth it. They have held up great, with now a few small holes below the knees. I have put them through so tough stuff. I got my daughter the second edition 3 years ago and she loves them. They held up great in the pouring rain yesterday, but by 1:00 there was some signs of a little water intrusion. Not crazy, but a little. I believe what is on sale is the 3rd addition. I would not hesitate to buy at that price. I was thinking really hard about it.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
That coupon for 75 off is only with your Cabelas credit card I just used it has to be over $500 for the $75. You can get 12 months no interest if over $500 also.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
I’ve worn the MT 50 Coveralls for 7 years. Absolutely love them for cold weather. I back pack them in and out my stand sight which as typically 1-2 mikes from my home. I can sit all day in complete comfort. A couple seasons ago I arrived at my stand an hour before daylight and while putting the suit on the front zipper jumped off track. I was able to get it back on and discovered a tooth had broken. I hunted with them the rest of rifle season then returned them to Cabela’s. Easy return process after wearing them three rifle seasons and 2 late flintlock seasons. Went home with a new Pair of MT 50 coveralls that still look like new today, in spite of spending several weeks a year as my primary hunting outfit.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have had the bibs and coat for several years now. Very warm. As folks said it is a little bulky but I would suspect most outfits made for the cold have some bulk. I typically strap the coat to my backpack for the walk in and out of the woods.

Overall I like them.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Just remember that cabelas no longer has a lifetime return policy on their branded clothing and footwear,
That being said the mt050 was way too bulky. Much better items out there nowadays

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I bought a set several years ago. I like the clothing for the most part. To warm for hiking as others have said. I think they are comfortable and waterproof.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I got the bibs and coat, the bibs are awesome and the coat is heavy and really not that warm for the weight of it. The coat isn't very waterproof either.

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
I have had mine since the Cabela's store opened in Hamburg. Like them very much as stated a bit bulky, but Quiet & warm. My only complaint was with the suspender straps are to stretchy, but my bibs are from when they first came out. may have been improved since.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts