The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may have been asked before (maybe a 100x's) but my question is.

I shot my Buck on 10/19/09.Due to travel with work. I reported it today.I am within the Ten Day time frame but what if I reported 2 weeks from now a month??? Is there a penalty?

I could have easily reported it using my computer while away but my Hunting Lic is pinned to the back of my hunting jacket. No CID #

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know not reporting it at all could leed to a fine just curious with the new system does it sends up red flag after 10 days and you would get the same fine as if you did not report at all.
Does it take till after the season to be a fine?or per the letter of the regulations 10 days?

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
springfreak said:
you know how many deer go unreported?, a whole bunch, you reported it, done!
True, But with a CID # I would think the PGC would have a much more efficient way of Knowing Who Did and Who Did Not.

The Ear Tag would Have your CID # and instead of the old way paging thru License Issuing agents logs.BAM its on the computer screen under your profile that you tagged a deer but did not report it.

Just curious.Thats all

I would think alot of non reporting folks could be in for a big surprise.

I think the fine is $100 not chump change

·
Registered
5,787 Posts
Unless they see it at a processor, they will not know it was tagged, or if they check you in the field and see that your tag is missing. Do they cross check those? I don't know, but I do know they will not cite you for being a few days late!

·
Registered
853 Posts
Tail Whipped said:
I could have easily reported it using my computer while away but my Hunting Lic is pinned to the back of my hunting jacket. No CID #
Not to pick on you but you don't necessarily need to know your CID # to report a harvest. Just want to make that known for everybody.

You have the option to identify yourself through either: CID #, Drivers License Number or Social Security Number.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Don't the Processor have to log in the Deer and subbmit Tags to the PGC?
As far as cross referencing back about 10 years ago I was Goose hunting with my buddy in January and we were checked by a WCO First thing he asked my buddy was "Did You get a Buck this year" he said yes. Well the knucklehead still had his Harvest Report Card in his LIC holder. I belive it was a $100 fine right on the spot.
So I think the PGC takes this pretty seriously and the new system will allow them to stay on top of reports.

Back in "the day" all my buddy had to say was no

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
JD3 said:
Tail Whipped said:
Not to pick on you but you don't necessarily need to know your CID # to report a harvest. Just want to make that known for everybody.

You have the option to identify yourself through either: CID #, Drivers License Number or Social Security Number.
Your not picking on me.Thanks for the Heads up
Yea I saw that today when I reported.
Good to know. .Heck its even easier than ever." Even a Caveman can do it"

·
Super Moderator
12,799 Posts
processors dont necessarily report them...maybe some do...but ive been to LARGE butchers that when the deer hit the ground its head was whacked off and kicking into a pile with the legs...

ive also taken MANY deer to butchers that didnt want the tags...always skinned deer...(when i had hides tanned or mounting done...)

just took one today and pulled the tag outta my pocket and he said he didnt want/need it...

with the new system, it seems like it'll be much easier to make those cases..but then again "i mailed it..ya'll didn't get it??" can still be a valid defense i suppose..

i do like the online system..it was slick...glad we finally have that option!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Got a buck last Friday, reported online today. Wow! what a great/easy process. I hope other guys do it.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
mauser Did not know they basically trash the tags or simply don't want them.
I was assuming they would be turned over to the PGC.

I hunted many years in NJ and you had to report your deer and get a metal tag then they would give you your subsequent tag for multiple harvests (like in our Spec Regs Area).What a pain in the but that was.
Anyway
I got a call from a NJ WCO to meet him at the Bellplain Station in March of the following year to match my metal tag with the harvest report.
seems the check in station recorded the wrong date and I had to provide evidence that I checked the deer in. THANK the Lord i kept that tag (still have about 25 hanging in my garage to match up to some of the mounts and racks I have).

I asked the WCO about the whole situation and he told me as part of his job he double checks all recorded Check Ins for his Zones.Thats a whole bunch of proof reading blood covered log books

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
I like the new process too...it was quick and easy. I do it the day I butcher and it will continue to be the regular practice, only problem is I now surf to HPA afterward and loose an hour or so of butchertime....

Unfortunatly I am not overly optimistic that guys are going to log on and do it anymore then they have reported in the past...i mean 50% didn't even fill out a pre-paid post card and drop it in the mail, you could even get them pre-printed in the later years so all you had to do is the kill info.....IT COULD NOT GET EASIER THAN THAT

To the original question, they will be able to compare the harvest date to the date you filled out the on-line report but not the tag. I am not sure if anything would be done if the dates were over the 10 day period. It is a good question, my guess is they are just happy to get a responsible hunter who took the time.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Just got done, quick and easy...................
COULD PA BE EMERGING FROM THE STONE AGE?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts