The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

report rates survey

2K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  mightyjoeyoung 
#1 ·
please be honest

#7 ·
John S said:
24 participapants isn't enough for a meaningful survey.
only been an hour.....also of the 300,000 deer harvested how many get cross referenced with the butcher shops and field checked deer we have almost 30,000 members here and in a while the percentages will be pretty close I bet.

#12 ·
Treestand,

I would guess and I would also hope that HPA members will have a much higher reporting rate than what the PGC sees. The reason is most people on HPA are really dedicated enthusiastic hunters and people like would be more likely to report. Just my opinion, but we will see.

Oh I answered yes for a buck and for a doe for my wife, my son, and myself. We killed 3 buck, and 3 doe and all were reported.

#16 ·
cspot said:
Treestand,

I would guess and I would also hope that HPA members will have a much higher reporting rate than what the PGC sees. The reason is most people on HPA are really dedicated enthusiastic hunters and people like would be more likely to report. Just my opinion, but we will see.

Oh I answered yes for a buck and for a doe for my wife, my son, and myself. We killed 3 buck, and 3 doe and all were reported.
I agree cspot most on here are very passionate but out of the 750,000 hunters in pa id say the major majority of them are too

#18 ·
Huntered said:
I reported my doe. Guys with DMAP remember you need to report weather to kill or not.
Someone explain to me how this is acceptable to have to report even a non harvest but the mention of doing it with a system that can already handle it is a financial overload. Yes I have participated in dmap and reporting.

#21 ·
I ALWAYS report my harvests. Mailed mine out the day after my buck kill on the opener. My uncle, who is a very responsible hunter and an all around great person forgot to mail out his report card a few years back. Well, being the responsible and honest guy he is, he called the regional office about a week and a half after the 10 day reporting period to tell them he forgot to mail out his report card in the alotted 10 days. The dispatcher took all of his info and thanked him. a few weeks later, her received a citation and a fine for $100.00 for not reporting his harvest on time. I guess no good deed goes unpunished huh?

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.