The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to switch out the factory recoil pad on my 300 win mag browning A-bolt SS. how do you get the old one off and screw on a new limbsaver recoil pad? if the stock is hollow how do you secure a screw on pad? or do you glue that one on as well?

·
Registered
14,314 Posts
If it's screwed on there will be two screws(most likely phillips head) towards the heel and toe of the pad. There will be two tiny slits over the screws. Use both thumbs to kind of pull the pad to the sides to expose the slits. Once you find them lube up a screw driver with vaseline and insert it into the slits and back the screws out. I've never come across a pad that was glued on though I'm sure there are some out there somewhere.

·
Registered
14,314 Posts
Also, a prefit pad from Limbsaver should be a 'plug & play' deal. Take the old one off and the new one goes into the same holes. SHOULD BE that way, but fit/finish may vary since it wasn't sanded to the stock like the original was.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks. I did recheck and found the slits. they were almost impossible to find. I took the recoil pad off and will now get a limbsaver or kick ezz magnum.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts