The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It’s time for a new set of shocks on my half ton Sierra. What are everyone’s thoughts on a good all around shock?

·
Registered
279 Posts
x2.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
I had 4 new 5100 Bistein shocks put on my chevy 2500 HD when I had my leveling kit put on it in fall of 2016 and since then I've had to replace both front shocks ! The stems broke off on both shocks at different times but with Bilstein's great lifetime warranty they replaced them with no questions ask !

Before anybody jumps to conclusions : I'm 56 yrs old and don't beat my truck ! I do take it out over the mountain and drive on some rough driveable trails to some of my hunting spots so I'm not really sure how they got broke !

·
Super Moderator
24,066 Posts
I had 4 new 5100 Bistein shocks put on my chevy 2500 HD when I had my leveling kit put on it in fall of 2016 and since then I've had to replace both front shocks ! The stems broke off on both shocks at different times but with Bilstein's great lifetime warranty they replaced them with no questions ask !

Before anybody jumps to conclusions : I'm 56 yrs old and don't beat my truck ! I do take it out over the mountain and drive on some rough driveable trails to some of my hunting spots so I'm not really sure how they got broke !
I’m like you I don’t beat my truck I’ve had it 11 years now, had a leveling kit on, like I said 4 new shocks recently and did some body work on it. I had the frame checked and it’s good yet that’s why I’m getting all this done to it.

·
Super Moderator
24,066 Posts
Btw I’m driving a 2004 Tacoma

1 - 9 of 9 Posts