The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother is looking to replace the lock assy. in his firestorm.He would like to get something like an L&R or better. Anybody have any info on replacement locks or someone that would do it[ a good shop] on a firestorm?thanks for any info

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
If you are having problems with the lock I would send it back to T/C for a replacement/fix. Lifetime warranty

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
send it back to TC. they will replace it if you write them a letter telling them what is wrong with it

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Northeast Trade co. in Muncy could probably help you out. Give John a call. LOL Stuffer

·
Registered
9,591 Posts
What issues is he having with it? Is it the heavy trigger pull? Mine was tight but I keep it well lubed with BB and it has loosened up enough for my satisfaction.The cold we had this year seemed to be a factor so I would work the hammer back and forth every once in a while with my hand on the trigger and hammer to keep it loose and slick.But not letting the hammer strike the frizzen.Just slowly workin it back and forth.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The bigest issue is the Heavy trigger pull,compared to my L&R it is a real bear for sure.He was told and I am not sure that these triggers are coil spring and can get better but not much he has had the gun for several years it works good other than that.

·
Registered
9,591 Posts
A friend told me to leave it on full cock for a period of time to slighly weaken it.I don,t have the need to try that on mine.Give that suggestion a try first.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts