The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have and am in need of several repairs and replacements on my T.C. Any shops that do repairs near enola? or within resonable distance?

·
Registered
12,155 Posts
Depends on the repairs. Some TC will do free under warranty. from Enola, it is only an hour to Dixon's at the krumsville exit of I-78 (about three miles north)
Or down to Ft Chambers at the Scotland exit off I-81. on NE corner of cloverleaf.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Iv had it for more years than i can remember! Biggest problem is hard german flints have worn hardening off frizzen, and a few years ago i bought a percussion breech plug and lock, but were to small thread wise for my barrel now the old breech plug is off by a bit and i dont remember anything falling out or off!

·
Registered
12,155 Posts
Oh, Tc will relace frizzen, maybe the entire lock if you send it back. If you unscrewed the breech plug, I don't think they will do anything about the barrel/breech for you. If it is a simple matter of putting it in the rest of the way, either Ft Chambers or Dixon's can do that easily. However, if it were over tightened into the barrel. it may require some readjustment to get it right.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts