The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed that the cover on my Yahama Waverunner has a small hole in it. Any suggestions on how to repair it? I'm not exactly sure what material it is made out of. I just don't want it to get bigger and then have to buy a new one.

·
Registered
519 Posts
top or bottom??? drill a small hole at each end if its a crack to keep it from spreading, get a fiberglass kit at the auto parts store, make sure you shread some material and pull it through the hole. sand and finish off with red lead filler. wet sand,paint and buff so area matches!

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not the hood, the vinyl cover I put on it to travel.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I really didn't want to take it somewhere. I thought maybe someone knew of a quick fix that they sold in stores.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
they used to make a patch for ripstop nylon for hikers to use. it was sticky on the one side allmost like tape. might want to check out rei or campmor or wildware. any hiking/camping supply store should have something. other then that nope not sure what you could use. I trailer mine in the open.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Trust me, duct tape was my 1st thought. I'm going to have to use it for now to keep the tear from getting any bigger.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
years ago we took our boat cover to a tarp shop. had a tear patched and they recomended that every turn or place where the cover contacted something elsethat it get reinforced with an extra layer. it cost a bit but it never ripped again

1 - 9 of 9 Posts