The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished the winter project on the renegade 54 cal with the custom barrel from t/c 1 in 66 round ball barrel twist
I have to go with fiber optic only because the eyes are not what they used to be.I just may take some rubbing coupound to cut the finish a little .I used about 20 coats of Formby's tung oil LOW GLOSS.I also glass beded the tang and about 2" into the barrel channel hope she is a shooter

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a380/lonewolf5347/54%20renegade/100_0057.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a380/lonewolf5347/54%20renegade/100_0059.jpg

·
Registered
502 Posts
Nice job, I've had mine for about 17 years wouldn't sell it for the world, Love those 54's

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
If she shoots as good as she looks,your freezer will be full next year!

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think the barrel in 32" no QLA
I take a few full length and post them
The rifle is so long hard to get the camera to take close up shots withthe 32"barrel

·
Registered
12,716 Posts
Yep, my Hawken barrel is 31 inches also. Hey Rick, the picture didn`t show up, just the Photobucket picture and sais the photo is moved or deleted.

·
Registered
74 Posts
That's a very nice piece. Very well done, congrats! I wish I could find an older one to redo. I love those wooden stocked rifles. <>< del

·
Registered
9,480 Posts
Great lookin piece.Hey Oct,in less than a day I get to see a Renny with the long barrel.How does it feel Lonewolf?Does the Renny feel unbalanced with the longer barrel?

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
Nice, I like the wood grain that shows w/ the re-finish. That looks like a T/C rear fiber optic, I added the same one w/ the matching front to me .54 Renegade. I really like the small red front fiber optic, covers less of the target than the original iron front blade...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts