The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if anyone has one and whats your likes and dislikes? are they more accurate than other factory rifles? thinking of getting one in 300 RUM

·
Registered
715 Posts
Great gun. Very accurate, probably not as accurate as a Savage LRPV but still a daggone nice looking, accurate gun.

What caliber are you looking at getting?

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Just bought a new Remington 700 Sendero SF II in 300 RUM last Febuary. I absolutely love this gun. It is a bit on the heavy side for long backpack hunts, but Im still young. I think with bipod, scope, and ammo (3 in gun+ 9 in my cheek pack) it weighs in at 13.5 pounds.

I have it shooting the 210 Berger VLDS at about 1/2" at 100. Using 92 grains Retumbo, Remington Brass, Fed 215, seated at mag length. I really want to stretch it out, but with a newborn in the house, no time for that as of lately.

·
Registered
715 Posts
SMITTY 300 WSM said:
gunnermhr-- thinking of 300 RUM sorry about that I changed my post,do you have one if so what caliber
A friend of mine has one in a 300 Win Mag, I did some load development for his, It was accurized by Hart and shoots 190 grain SMK's real nice. The only thing a Sendaro has going against it is the weight, but chances are if you're toting a Sendaro you're not beating the brush all day long

I have an improved version of a 300RUM, not in a Sendaro, if you go with the RUM you'll probably want a muzzle break, I shot a RUM once without a break, once!

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
I was considering one of those, or the CDL both chambered in the 300RUM. I ended up with the CDL as it was trimmer and lighter, and I walk a lot when I'm hunting. I've never regretted the decision. The CDL shoots fantastic, and I really don't find the recoil from it to be an issue at all. It just fit my personal preferences better than the sendero. Everyone is different though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts