The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
9,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you all dealt with Remington for repairs?I,m sendin in my Dad,s model 700.Were sendin it to them to have it inspected for the discharging that those Rifles from that time of manufacture have been reported of discharging while removing the safety w/out touchin the trigger.They are having me ship it to them free of charge and said they can,t tell me it will be covered by them until they inspect it.I can,t believe they would charge us cause the Rifle is nice and not used much and never damaged.How long do you all think the turn-around will be and what have you all experiences with Remington been like,good or bad?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Good company to deal with. They have a pretty quick turn around. Sent my 1969 model 700 in and had it back in 2 weeks. I sent mine at the initial recall. Odds are, they won't charge you if the gun wasn't abused. Not saying they won't.... Just saying odds are they won't. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
300 Posts
No symptoms. I was still in the service so.... I'd say before 2003. Can't remember exactly.

Symptoms are immediate. Fires accidentally by either closing the bolt, or switching to fire. It happens randomly.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
good ole boy said:
Have any of you all dealt with Remington for repairs?I,m sendin in my Dad,s model 700.Were sendin it to them to have it inspected for the discharging that those Rifles from that time of manufacture have been reported of discharging while removing the safety w/out touchin the trigger.They are having me ship it to them free of charge and said they can,t tell me it will be covered by them until they inspect it.I can,t believe they would charge us cause the Rifle is nice and not used much and never damaged.How long do you all think the turn-around will be and what have you all experiences with Remington been like,good or bad?
They want to make sure you didn't mess with the trigger before they will repair free of charge.

·
Registered
9,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got the box yeaterday and I had to repair the box and Styrofoam insert that must have been damaged in shipment.Goin to remove the scope and hopefully get it sent off today.With their current recall I don,t expect it any time soon to be returned.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Isn't Federal Firearms a certified Remington Gun smith? Why not just take it to them I know they are good .

·
Registered
9,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I,m just doin what Remington Customer Service is tellin me what to do.They want to see it and handle it themselves directly.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Not sure how they are handleing the mass recall on the model 700 triggers but i have had a very horrible expierience with their repair shop in the past. I sent a 870 12 guage back last summer for a visibly "bent" barrel to reciever alignment (the gun threw a pattern 2 feet left at 25 yds).

Sent it back the first time and got it back with only a slightly less misalignment, sent it back the second time and after 2 months, and a few phone calls it was finally replaced. If they would have fixed or replaced it the first time, i could have lived with the fact that it was shipped with the problem in the first place, but because it took them twice and i was out of the gun so long, they get a total thumbs down!

I have many horror stories reguarding rems. Customer service, but then again i have heard this of other mfgs lately. They just aint building stuff and standing behind it like they used too.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I have quite a few Remington's, all have performed great over a 45 year span. The only one I had a problem with was a 7600 that wouldn't feed or eject the shells properly from the time it was new. Sent back to Remington 3 times and each time returned not fixed. The last time it was returned, the forearm on the pump looked like it was beat on with a ball-peen hammer. Ended up taking the gun to a local gunsmith who fixed it in about 1/2 hr. I showed him all the documented paperwork from Remington on all the repairs. He just shook his head in disbelief at the adjustments they were trying to make to the gun. He charged me $25 for the repair and I sent the bill and a nasty letter to Remington. They sent me 5 boxes of shells for the gun.

·
Super Moderator
27,517 Posts
good ole boy said:
We,ve never touched it.
Never touched the trigger? Not even to shoot it?

I have a 700 ADL that was my HS graduation present in '83. Shot great new, and still does today. No modifications, and never had to have any repair work done to it.
It was made after 1982 so it already has the new safety.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts