The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got an email from my son about the recall by Remington. found out that i have two rifles that fall into that. checked the serial numbers and they are sending me boxes to send them to be repaired. never had any problems with either rifle but better to be safe then sorry. one nice thing is that Remington is paying for it all.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Not sure what the recall is for, but a few years back I bought a 700 and found a defect in the barrel. This was a target rifle and was about the time when the were switching to their new trigger. My trigger was the old style and was set with no creep and about 2- 2.5 pounds. When they replaced the barrel they stole my good trigger and replaced it with a new style one. Could not adjust the creep out of the new trigger or get the pull I wanted. Called and complained and they acted like they did me a favor. Had to buy an old style trigger from a gunsmith in Colorado, to get it back to where it was before. If you have a good old style trigger on those guns, and you like them you may want to take them off before sending them in.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Found the recall, it is for the trigger style they put in my gun when they replaced the barrel. I guess my old trigger style really was better.

·
Registered
18,286 Posts

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
ANOTHER Remington trigger recall...........................

I wonder how many of them they can weather, as a company ??

·
Registered
932 Posts
It's ashame how a company has went down the toilet like that of Remington. Many years ago I would have never considered any new rifle purchase other than Remington and now there isn't a snowballs chance in you know what I would even consider Remington.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Haven't changed my mind I just ordered a new rifle from them. Look at it this way a company that sells 100 guns a year and has one bad one you hear nothing but a company that sells 100,000 guns a year and has 10 bad ones and people go nuts. I'll go with the averages and good service.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Haven't changed my mind I just ordered a new rifle from them. Look at it this way a company that sells 100 guns a year and has one bad one you hear nothing but a company that sells 100,000 guns a year and has 10 bad ones and people go nuts. I'll go with the averages and good service.
Check your math...using your example there would be 1,000 guns with defects (not 10).

To initiate a recall in any industry, there has to be a very real problem.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
got an email from my son about the recall by Remington. found out that i have two rifles that fall into that. checked the serial numbers and they are sending me boxes to send them to be repaired. never had any problems with either rifle but better to be safe then sorry. one nice thing is that Remington is paying for it all.
I hope you won't be needing your guns soon. I sent a 700 in about 3 years ago after a trigger recall. When I initially called I was told "about a two week turnaround time after they receive the gun". I waited longer than that for the box to arrive and then over 4 months more to get the gun back. I won't buy another Remington gun because it was a serious defect and their customer service currently stinks.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
60 Minutes did a segment on Remington last week, you can watch it on their web site.

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
60 Minutes did a segment on Remington last week, you can watch it on their web site.
If I'm not mistaken, then, this is the SECOND time Big R has hit the spotlight on a national news show for quality/safety issues.

Not cool. Not good for business.

·
Registered
52,307 Posts
Remington used to be owned by Dupont, they were sold a few years ago and seemed to slide a little aafter that..

·
Registered
18,286 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, then, this is the SECOND time Big R has hit the spotlight on a national news show for quality/safety issues.

Not cool. Not good for business.
you would be correct. this is the second huge recall of their triggers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts