The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with the Remingtron Nitro Mag? I'd like to get one as I think they would be an ideal crow gun. I just wanted to get some first hand experience storys. How about the 3.5" shells? Are they much of an advantage over the 3" magnums? Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
I just sold a brand new 887. It seems like another Remington pump gun. As far as the 3.5" shells, they hurt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is nothing that a 3" won't due. I do use 3.5" for geese but as far as lead shot goes the 3's ar every bit as good as a 3.5. The 3.5" shells were designed for waterfowler's and turkey hunters picked up on the concept for god only knows what reason. They just kick entirely too bad for my likings.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your input. I like the idea of a 3.5" mortar round but I can understand the hurt!!!! Perhaps with a padded vest??? I hate the thought of another crow mocking me as it flys away. Why did you sell the 887?

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
I already have a 3.5" pump gun that is only 2 years old now, so when I won that I decieded that I liked my Benelli better.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
I have an 835 and have used the 3.5's a few times for geese. I use 3" for snows and have nothing but good things to say about them. Using a 3.5 fr a crow seems like a waste of money and a lot of recoil for nothing IMO.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts