The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will say no matter what I put threw it reloaded it will always shoot a group under a .500
wow this rifle the Mohawk 243 cal. has the 18 1/2 " barrel and can shoot
I tried Remington core-lock 100 gr.
hornady 100 gr.
hornady 87 gr.
sierra 85 gr. HPBT
all shoot excellent.
I just order some Barnes 85 TSX I hope they shoot as good as the rest I tried

·
Registered
12,209 Posts
Yep, I hate it when rifles shoot well. Takes all the fun out of trying various bedding procedures, trigger adjustments and reloading concoctions.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Nice compact rifle. The action is super short. IIRC it is the same action that Remington used on their XP100 bolt action pistol. They introduced the pistol a year earlier than the 600/660 because the fed wouldn't allow a pistol to be made out of a rifle action; but the reverse is legal!!!!

The Magnumitis killed of the short action rifle. Makes a great tree stand gun.
You got a keeper.

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
Missed out on one in 6mm a couple years back in a local shop. Had really nice wood for a ROTM rifle.

Don't know what I needed it for. But have always been a little peeved I didn't grab it up anyhoo.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
i have the older 600 in 350 mag that is downright boring as well. 200 grain factory loads shoot one big hole dead on and the 250's shoot one big hole 2 inches lower with same scope settings. and hunting with it is just as boring. one shot, drop in their tracks. some guns are just no fun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts