The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats your dislikes and likes on this gun? I have a Model 7 in 300 RSAUM on layaway but I was lookin at last years catalog and you can get one in 300 WSM maybe I should get it since I dont reload Im thinking eventually I wont be able to find ammo for the 300 RSAUM but the 300 WSM seems alot more popular to find ammo whats your thoughts? the only downside of the Titanium is the price

·
Registered
7,792 Posts
Don't let anyone let you think that you'll run dry on ammo for this rifle...With the web you'll be able to find it for years...There's still a lot out there.

·
Registered
304 Posts
you can still buy ammo for rifle calibers that have not been produced for thirty years. buy $1000 worth of it, 500 rounds approximately and you will be about the same cost as the starting price of a titanium. save your brass and start reloading if you have to. i started this summer, learned just by reading the reloading manual, and havent looked back. even if you never start reloading, remington has not even completely discontinued this caliber i do not believe, and if they have they have sold enough of this caliber you will be able to get it for a long time.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I would search for a first-gen Remington Ti, not the new Alaskan Ti. The first-gen Ti's stocks are better as they don't have the aluminum bedding block, cost 1100-1300 instead of roughly 2K, etc.

Before I spent my dinero on an Alaskan Ti in 300 WSM, I'd look at a Kimber 8400 in 300 WSM. You'll be able to find ammo for either for a while, just buy enough now if you can to last you.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
For less than or equal to the price of the titanium, you can buy a used Rem 700 action, stock and custom barrel and build a lightweight tackdriver any way you want.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts