The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I can't find a Remington XCR II in 300 RUM I might get a SPS stainless and was wondering if anyone has a SPS whats your likes and dislikes?

·
Registered
5,790 Posts
The stocks are a piece of junk IMO. Most of the time referd to as a piece of tupperware. Just remove the barreled action and take a look then decide for your self.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Have a 300 WSM and 22-250 in Remy SPS. With handloads the 300 is around 3/4 MOA and the 22-250 is less then 1/2 MOA. The stocks are pretty cheap, but use them for awhile then buy a better one.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
THere are just not worth the money these days, you can get a far cheapper rifle that will do the same thing and I am a Remington Fan, they make the best actions to be taken apart and fixed..then you got something!

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
outofstater said:
The stocks are a piece of junk IMO. Most of the time referd to as a piece of tupperware. Just remove the barreled action and take a look then decide for your self.
x2

·
Administrator
39,022 Posts
6-DASHER said:
THere are just not worth the money these days, you can get a far cheapper rifle that will do the same thing and I am a Remington Fan, they make the best actions to be taken apart and fixed..then you got something!
Agree!

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
I have had two Remington SPS with chambers so tight you couldnt even chamber a round. I had to ream them in order for them to shoot. I will not buy another Remington ever...

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I recently bought a 700 SPS stainless, detachable mag in .308. So far, it shoots OK.I haven't shot it much yet. Not as accurate "out-of-the -box" as my Tikka T3.

·
Registered
749 Posts
SPS's are good rifles and for some reason it seems every Remington stainless barrel I had shot better than the blued verisons. The thing to keep in mind with that chinsy sps stock would be how much better a more solid stock would do to absorb the recoil. I'd suggest a BC medalist.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts