The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody use one?...Mine is a 660 (the version without the rib), and I love it because it's so short & handy! !

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
I had one (600). Didnt shoot very well and I had other guns similar I liked better so I sold it.
Geez, that was 25 yrs ago

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
I also have a 660 and prefer its 20" barrel over the 600's ribbed 18.5" one...also have a Classic and first-year BDL...if I had to choose only one deer cartridge it would be the .350...

All three shoot very well...

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
I have a 600 in .350. Fantastic woods gun and I have found it to be accurate with 200gr Hornady Spire Points.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Great gun if you get it ported. No sense otherwise. You're soaking up more felt recoil than a .338 delivers while getting less performance.

·
Registered
7,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Although it sure does kick, I've never found it overly objectionable....Have yet to kill anything with mine....Never see anything when I take it out!...Must be jinxed!

·
Registered
755 Posts
My first rifle was a 600 in .308. Have shot several deer with it. Usually shoot 150gr hand loads. Bought one in .243 last year for my son who is small in stature. He won't be hunting for another 2 years so took it out myself this past season. Used Corelokts 100 g and took an 8 pt opening morning, Dropped him in his tracks.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
The 673 made for a fine .350 mag. I wish they would have kept making it.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
ya i've had one for quite a while. shoots cloverleafs with factory 200 CL's. i love mine and have hunted quite a bit with it and gotten several deer. they kick but not too bad. it ain't a plinker.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts