The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,460 Posts
I don't collect them but I know people that have them . They shoot nice. I have seen them for sale from about $320 to over $ $500. I think they stopped making them in 1937. They came in different calibers. 35 Rem was one cal. I think the other cal were 25 and 30 cal????? I like mine but only have a 35 Rem. mine had a scope on it so that kind of takes the collector value away. The ones never tapped and in the non 35 Cal would be more collectable. I have seen them on the used gun racks at Cabelas with $ 500. Tags on them. I got mine on the cheaper price range.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
They also came in .32 Rem. I have a model 14 That still gets a little walk during deer season.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
i collect them along with 141's, 760's and certain 7600's. if you have any questions about the oldies, let me know. i have quite a few variations.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Romac Do you have any pictures of the engraved one. My buddy has one and I want it. but he wants a grand for it and there is no way Im paying that.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I have the basic four - .25, .30, .32 and .35. Nice shooting guns and indestructible. They're a good departure when you need a break from the new high-powered stuff. I do wish the .25, .30 and .32 ammunition wasn't quite so hard to find..... Some day, maybe some 141's will find their way here as well.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
The model 14 has to be one of the best feeling rifles out there, they point like a good grouse gun. I happen to know where there are a bunch for sale, PM me for more info.

·
Registered
6,460 Posts
Do you think that the 35 Rem leverlution ammo would be OK to shoot in the model 14 35 Rems? The place I purchased mine the gunsmith said no. Another younger Gunsmith told me there would be no problem.. I use the 35 Rem Remington ammo of course not to take any chances... Just wondering what your opinion is on 35 Rem Leverlution Ammo and the model 14!

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
i'd steer clear. the 14's are really picky about OAL of the ammo. i use only the 200gr corelokts in mine with great results. i've just started shooting the LE's in my marlins and 7600. no appreciable difference, just different POI.

·
Registered
6,460 Posts
I like use the 35 Rem Leverlution in my model 336! Best factory ammo ever for the Marlin 336! Have killed deer with it too. So. I agree I will only use factory corelokt in the model 14! In the model 336 I can see the difference also POI! Leverlution in the 336 hits about three inches higher then Corelokts!

·
Registered
195 Posts
I haven't tried them but don't see why they wouldn't work. Was your smith worried about them setting things off in the magazine or for some other reason? While the 14's are designed to safely handle pointy loads in the magazine, I've heard of feeding issues with them, so I stick to round nose. Try running a few through to make sure they feed well.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I have not looked for a while, so I did not see the request for pictures until now.

Here it is. Oh, and by the way if your buddy's looks anything like this and he only wants a grand for it you should gather up the scratch anyway you can and buy it. I wouldn't take less than $3,000 for mine.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Buck,
I reload to the same presures as the Leverlution ammo and shoot it out of my 141 Remingtion which is the next model year up and I never had a problem. I guess it has to do with the condition of your gun. Maybe the older smith saw something he didn't like.

·
Banned
13,401 Posts
uncle buck said:
Do you think that the 35 Rem leverlution ammo would be OK to shoot in the model 14 35 Rems? The place I purchased mine the gunsmith said no. Another younger Gunsmith told me there would be no problem.. I use the 35 Rem Remington ammo of course not to take any chances... Just wondering what your opinion is on 35 Rem Leverlution Ammo and the model 14!

I put a box of Buffalo Bore 220's through a model 141 .35 once. Those loads make the Hornady LE's look weak. There were no problems either.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Not sure if it was a 14 or a 141, but saw one once at a public sale in 44-40 - honest. It was worn hard, and jammed closed, but sold under what I thought it should have considering the caliber -I was about broke at the time, so it went home with someone else! LOL!!!

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
if it was a 44-40, it was a 14 1/2. they came in 38/40 and 44/40. they were very similiar to the 14. they command a nice buck, especially the carbines.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I have a model 14 in 32rem and a model 141 in 35 rem. Both guns are fun to shoot. Have my eye on a model 14 in 30 rem right now. Cant bring myself to spend the money hes asking. Gun has been refinished and reblued.

Mike

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
ya the price i see people asking for these guns is outrageous. i sold a nice model 14 35 for $375 last year and it was nicer than the ones i see people asking $500 for. and forget about the carbines. beat up ones sell for $600+. glad i got mine when i did.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts