The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've used everything from Kleinendorst bolt tool to shoe laces and screwdrivers to take the firing pin assembly out of my Remington 700 style bolt guns. Misplaced the Kleinendorst tool a few years back and have mostly relied on the screwdriver method since with only a few impalements in my fingers, just waiting for the Kleinendorst to reappear. I saw this Fix It Stick tool on Midway's site for $18 and added to my order. Must say it works great, less than 1/2 the cost of the other tool, and I'll be saving on pain and bandaids. And I expect the Kleinendorst tool to magically reappear shortly. I used their vid here, it's better than I could do. I'll give this two unbloodied thumbs up.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Quickest way to find any lost item is buy a new one.
You are so correct. 2 years ago I "lost" my Kleinendorst tool. I carry it in my cleaning box to matches and figured that is how I lost it. Bought a new one. The next week it wandered into sight out of a drawer in the toolbox in my loading room. I have no idea what possessed it to visit that drawer.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Previous review was done using the bottom bolt in the picture. Easy on easy off. While doing the top bolt, same model different year of production, the longer shroud makes it a bit more difficult to too install. The longer shroud made it a longer reach for the tool and a bit less secure grip on the firing pin. Still works better than a screwdriver, but maybe only 1 3/4 thumbs up. If I had to use this several times a week rather than a year, I'd probaly spring for the Kleinendorst again.

Gas Gun accessory Trigger Wood Bicycle part

1 - 5 of 5 Posts