The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m glad Remington is supposedly making ammunition again, but I was very disappointed with the ammunition shelves this year before and during hunting season, it was a big letdown!

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I was in Wheeling Cabela’s tonight lots of 5.56 9mm .40 .380 and some random hunting ammo in non popular calibers but not much. Prices aren’t at pre pandemic prices (and they never will be) but they looked somewhat better. Very little if any was Remington.

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
Ammo prices continue to increase. My guess is you'll never see ammo prices as low as they are now.

December 21, 2021

Dear Customer:

Thank you for your business and for your continued support of American jobs and manufacturing. As we continue to see supply chain constraints and increases in our raw materials, we are increasing our pricing to help offset those rising costs.

Effective 4/1/2022, CCI, Federal, Hevi–Shot, Remington, and SPEER ammunition will take the following price increases:

• Primers – 5%
  • Powder – 5%
  • Handgun – 2-8%
  • Rifle – 3-8%
  • Shotgun – 3-12%
Additionally, due to continued demand, NO new Primer orders will be accepted until further notice.

Unless you notify us to cancel an order, we will reprice all existing and future orders shipped on or after 4/1/2022 to the new prices.

You will receive your finalized price list no later than March 15th, 2022.

Thank you for your continued support of our brands and our American workforce.

Jason R. Vanderbrink

President, Ammunition

• Wow
Reactions: bohunr

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Im glad i reload now especially with prices for even 3030 and 30-06, not even taking into consideration the odd ball stuff i have. I saw the writing on the wall in late 2019 and 2020 and stocked up on primers and powder
Same here. Not owning a CF rifle, I bought one in Nov. 2019 and got set up to reload for it, glad I did.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I would bet it’s a long time before we see any factory ammo around for the less than popular rounds that are older. It’s going to be super common stuff and of course the new rounds that they’re pushing.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Weather you manufacture lug nuts or ammo the same freedoms we enjoy as a society so do the manufactures.
These manufactures are not blind to the buying trends and their #1 goal is to maximize profits.
They are not out to be your friend.
All manufactures know what products will yield the greatest profit margins and that is what they will manufacture.
Everyone who hoarded as they saw things getting tight just laid the foundation for what we are experiencing now.
People who go to auction sites and pay 50-75% over MSRP just reinforced to the sellers that they can continue to sell at those higher prices because there is a market.
The value of anything is directly proportionate to what someone will pay for it.
People talk about pricing coming down but no one talks about the buying mindset changing.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
From January 2021 to June 2021, there were 3.2 million new gun owners. In 6 months, 3.2 million! That is at least, a minimum of 3.2 million boxes of ammo and this is for 6 months. Hoarding is the problem?
I do not know how they can tell the difference between a "new" gun owner and a repeat purchaser.
I personally have never been asked that when filling out paperwork.
I am sure you also saw the shear volume of people at gun shops and alike bellied up to the counter 5-10 deep....
Yeah, I call that hoarding

·
Registered
9,255 Posts
...maybe they were actual NEW guns that were bought....as in owner of a new gun :sneaky:
used gun onwers.....a new gun owners.

I know the last time I talked to a gun shop owner about gun sales ..he said the amount of females that came in to buy guns was astronomical from fall 2020 to fall 2021....their biggest concern, he said, was safety for their family with all the violence going on...or so they said.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
From January 2021 to June 2021, there were 3.2 million new gun owners. In 6 months, 3.2 million! That is at least, a minimum of 3.2 million boxes of ammo and this is for 6 months. Hoarding is the problem?
My thoughts exactly! And who gets to decide what amount is hoarding? To some 2 boxes in your closet is hoarding to others a million rounds may not be considered hoarding.

·
Registered
27,048 Posts
what i buy, bought and have is no ones business. its been mentioned before but i'll say it again. if you are running low on hunting ammo you should buy it now and not wait until fall.

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
I do not know how they can tell the difference between a "new" gun owner and a repeat purchaser.
I personally have never been asked that when filling out paperwork.
I am sure you also saw the shear volume of people at gun shops and alike bellied up to the counter 5-10 deep....
Yeah, I call that hoarding
Actually I did, a few times when i was there picking up things. The comments from the workers was first time gun buyers. They hated it, they had no idea what they were looking for or what to buy, but wanted a gun.

·
Registered
27,048 Posts
i may buy another 200 rounds for every gun i own, just to avoid the price increase and shortage coming this spring. some folks here couldnt find turkey shells last spring or fall. better look now !

1 - 20 of 60 Posts