The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
11,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son-in-law has a 12 gauge Rem 870 Wingmaster and is looking for a rifled barrel. He is left handed and uses a left handed gun.

We went to Cabela's on Sunday for help and they were absolutely useless. They tried to sell him a barrel for a right handed gun and stated it should fit both LH and RH. My jaw about hit the floor. We made a quick exit.

I'm going to take him to a local gun shop but figured someone on here might be able to help as well. Any ideas?

Thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am left handed and shoot remingtons 870's and mossberg 500's all of the time. I have slug barrels for both. The Remmingtons are right handed guns and I just got used to the safety. The mossberg has a top tang safety. No special issue for the safety.
The mossberg 500 with a 24" slug barrel and the adjustable dual comb stock is a good choice if your on a budget. I have two 12 gauage and both of my sons shoot 20 gauge 500's and all of the are accurate out past 100 yards with sabot slugs. If he already has a lefthanded 870 with a left side port, they don't make a barrel for it. If the gun just has a left handed safety with a right side standard port, then a standard remington 870 rifled barrel will work fine.

·
Banned
11,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The safety and port are LH on his current gun. Needs a LH barrel. I can't believe Rem doesn't make a rifled barrel for a LH'er.

·
Banned
19,532 Posts
3Hawks said:
I am left handed and shoot remingtons 870's and mossberg 500's all of the time. I have slug barrels for both. The Remmingtons are right handed guns and I just got used to the safety.
I think on 870's they actually have a left-side eject. On the 760 rifles, the "left=handed" models are simply a safety reverse. Still eject on the right side.

·
Banned
11,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe you are right John. We just can't seem to hook up with anyone who has them or could order him one.

We're still looking though.

I told him to go RH like normal folk.

·
Banned
11,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you gentlemen. I will be sure to pass this info along. Much appreciated.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts