The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can somebody comment on this gun for turkey hunting? I want to buy a turkey gun this year and was considering the Remington Supermag 870, but I can't find one anywhere. However I can find the Bone Collector edition. I am wondering if it is the same gun but with a fancy name and slightly different camo pattern. Does the camo last, or wear off easily?

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Should be a good gun. The camo is unnecessary but if you like it, get it. Also keep in mind that you don't have to have a 3 1/2" mag to kill a turkey. There are plenty of loads out there in 3" and 20 gauge 3" that will kill out to 40yds.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
A little bit of insight on this thread here...

http://www.huntingpa.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2993915#Post2993915

Like I said in that thread, my brother has the same Bone Collector edition. If you're particularly worried about that finish, I'd look for something else, or get the black version and have someone dip it. My brother got his new less than two years ago, and the grip and forearm are practically white where the camo finish has worn off. Granted, he spends a lot of time in the goose blind and turkey hunting, but it shouldn't have worn off that quick IMO. He also has a regular issue with consistent shell ejection, but I'm not sure if that's him short-stroking it or if it's the gun.

I'm not trying to bad-mouth the 870's, as they obviously have a dedicated following and get the job done. Just seems that my brother's gun just isn't up to par with the others.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts