The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to purchase a 870 epress in super-mag. But wanted to know though if you guy's thought quality is equal to the 870 wingmaster?
I know the wingmaster is dressed fancier and that, but is that where it ends, or is there more quality in one, also.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
The 870 is the action and frame. The differacne between a wingmaster and express is the wingmaster is the facny version. Nicer wood and engraving. The working parts of the gun are the same.

·
Registered
846 Posts
The fit and polish on the express are not equivalent to the wingmaster. A lot of people, including me have had issues with ejecting shells. I had to send mine back, and when it came home again, I polished the chamber per some information out on shotgun world. It's been good ever since. There's a lot of information over there on the express.

·
Registered
889 Posts
The difference between a Wingmaster and an Express is like the difference between a 1/2 ton Ford, and a 1 ton Ford. Thery are both Ford's--but they are different.

Metal finish is different. The extractor is stamped on the Express(or it was at one time). Cheaper metal in the receiver. On the WingMaster the entire receiver area is machined and finished to a higher standard.

IF you buy an Express it will serve you well---no doubt. But there are a lot of differences between the two. Tom.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
I have both. The Wingmaster is a much better constructed shotgun. Performance is similar. I don't feel bad about scratching my Express, or collecting a little rust on the barrel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts