The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the opportunity to buy a Remington 7MM Mag pump. I believe it may be a model 760???? What is a fair price for the gun? It's a relatives who hasn't hunted since the early 80's and he didn't hunt alot so I would imagine it would be in very good condition.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Remington NEVER made a 7mm Mag pump The action will not take the pressure. They made a few .280's that were marked 7mm Express (I want one) also 7mm08's but no 7mm Mag.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. He must have got the model mixed up. He had a -06 pump so maybe he got confused with that. I'll find out what model for sure.

I have the 7MM-08 and love it.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
BBB is correct, NEVER has Big Green offered a 760 in 7mm Mag..never...look again at the barrel and see if you were seein' 7mm Express or .280 or a combination of both. or maybe it is 7mm/08...the bolt face and action would have a hard time holding to 60'000 psi or higher for long..and I'm not even sure that the bolt face could be opened up that much and still leave some metal around itself... I'm bettin' it's marked 7mm Express/.280 Rem and he just didn't look long enough to see really what it was stamped.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts